Star I
System: Windows 10 PRO
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX481fly
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS: Yes, upgraded to windows 10 pro
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hi there, i've seen several threads on this and gave tried all the walkthroughs but to no avail. A few months back my windows hello and screenpad just stopped working. I've spent several days going through all the screenpad help step by step and updated the bios to no avail. After contacting support i tried reinstalling windows, again to no avail. I have since upgraded to windows 10 pro and tried all of the steps installing drivers in the correct order as per posts i've seen by Blake_ASUS and whilst I have removed and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers which now has the second screen switching on, the touch pad controls the screen above and the additional screenpad functions and options dont work. I receive error 0x00000048 whenever i try to install screenpad2optimizer.

10 REPLIES 10

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Andy,
So you have tried below FAQ, and stuck on the last step?
[Notebook] How to fix the ScreenPad Plus problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS noteboo...May you share a picture of how your screenpad looks like right now?
Or did you try this installation under Windows home, and then you upgrade to Pro, then run the Optimizer again?
Thank you.

Andy_FAMSP
Star I
Thanks for your prompt response.
Yes i am stuck on the final step. The optimizer loads then returns an error each time i try it. I have attached a photo of the display on the 2nd screen and a video showing the error i have when trying to use the optimizer.

I initially tried this on Windows home and had these issues, before upgrading to windows 10 pro and retrying the steps in your link but still received the exact same issue.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much for the picture and video.
I have consulted more about it.
I will keep you updated.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II