Greave
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

screenshot-20210513-231107467.jpg
Hello, is anybody facing the problem with Slow charging? Today it suddenly stop working, I still see two lightning symbols next to battery icon and phone is charging very fast. I want to use Slow charging for longer battery life but I don't know why it stopped working. Until today it was charging slowly. The Slow charging option is still ON. (Ultra slow). Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've suggested to our devs that we should exchange the hypercharge logo with a steady charge logo whenever it's active since a lot of users still believe it's hyper charging when the logo looks the same.
For those of you who still believe you're not steady charging when it's enabled, please compare with the feature on and off while looking at an app like accubattery, ampere or 3c battery manager. Your phone must be below 20% because if you compare at above 50% then it's possible that the charger is already charging at 18W even before you activate steady charging. If you want to compare above 50% then you must compare disabled VS Ultra Steady charging to notice the difference.
You can also not compare your numbers with a ROG Phone 3 since most apps are not aware that there are two batteries in ROG Phone 5

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Greave

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello, is anybody facing the problem with Slow charging? Today it suddenly stop working, I still see two lightning symbols next to battery icon and phone is charging very fast. I want to use Slow charging for longer battery life but I don't know why it stopped working. Until today it was charging slowly. The Slow charging option is still ON. (Ultra slow). Please help!

Rog Phone 5 Slow charging doesn't work
Me too. Slow charging doesn't work. This phone has too many issues

Greave
Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48106/rog-phone-5-slow-charging-doesnt-work

Me too. Slow charging doesn't work. This phone has too many issues

View post
Also VIP contacts marked with star when Silent mode (Do not disturb) is activated don't "ring". Hope that they fix it soon 😕

ramzi_bourguiba
Star III
Coming from Samsung I used (Samsung galaxy note 9,S10 plus note 10 plus , S20 ultra , note 20 ultra S21 ultra) it's my first rog phone 5 compared to my experiences as a hardcore user I found that there is a lot of issues. I'm feeling it's like the phone is a testing unit in troubleshooting and testing phase

ramzi_bourguiba
Star III
Greave

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Rog Phone 5 Slow charging doesn't work
Try to reactivate all of the battery settings 3 or 4 time's