This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8K, 4K 60 & slow motion above 4K 120 is forced saved in the internal storage.

1Steve
Star II
Model Name: ZenFone 7
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: Not
APP name & APP Version: Camera 7.6.17.1_210415

Version 30.41.69.51 - "Below files would be saved in internal storage". 8k, 4k 60 and slow motion 4k 120

In the previous update all video recordings were saved in the MicroSD (if it's the chosen saved location), but in this version even though the set location is in the MicroSD; it says "below files would be saved in internal storage". Backwards move, this update. My 400 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro is more than enough to handle these video recording modes, as I have already recorded several videos exceeding the 20 min mark.

If this is to safeguard the overheating problem in some zen 7/7 pro phones, as to limit the recording duration; it's a band-aid solution, really a bad move. Hope they seriously fix this up in the upcoming update.
screenshot-20210506-090150475-281-29.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
edddd

I also noticed this. Recording to SD card worked fine at 4K 60fps before...

View post
The reason why is because a lot of users use a slow SD-card and they won't understand why the circle animation never stops when they have recorded a long 4K60fps video. This is best case scenario. It can also result in the camera freezing/crashing. So removing this possibility was the best/fastest way to ensure we have a good user experience when recording 4K60FPS with SD-Card selected as storage.
But I've forwarded your feedback to our devs and asked them of there might be a different solution
Thanks!