System: UX331
Battery or AC: Both
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: Frequently
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
When I close the lid and the system goes to sleep, some times after a while the laptop is burning like hell, specially when AC power is connected. Also on battery, it causes the battery to drain and after turning on, even the clock is reset because of lack of power.
Additionally, in this situation the system wont wake up with opening the lead and pressing keys.
The problem started with the recent windows update, and I've missed the time to revert it. After that, even refreshing (reinstalling) the OS could not help.
I think this is frequent issue with Asus computers and I hope someone has figured out the problem, Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please consider to put your laptop in to hibernation mode if you are leaving it for a long time.
When the laptop is on sleep mode, most of the function are still working, so heat would still be generated.
However, as the lid is closed. The heat radiation is strongly decreased.
So it is possible that your laptop can get overheat and affect waking up successfully.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

royschreiber
Star II
Really, so now you're deleting my helpful suggestion just because you can't stand my dissatisfaction with Asus not solving a crippling problem?