S_4
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2103.137
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Many months ago my charging cable got damaged so I ordered another type C cable online which was completely working as original cable no delay in charging time & Screen on time. But recently , this cable got some inner damage don't know how . While plugging in into charging it shows only charging not Fast Charging. So I thought to buy a new cable so at that instance I used different cable to charge but for the first time battery gets charged in 1 hrs 30 min I don't know what was happening but as I got good screen on time so I was satisfied but after charging 3 to 4 time phone getting charge in 1 hr 10 min or even lesser infact normally at 90 % phone starts to charge slow but here it was not happening . After that I got the battery draining issue , whenever I keep my phone idle it drains upto 12-13% which is not good. For this I reset my smartphone so if it is happening because of some bug but the results are same , even after charging with cable bought online still it's happening and charging time is getting lesser and battery draining fast. Firstly I was getting 10% reduction in 1 hr in use but now it has also reduced. Please give some solution 🙏🙏

10 REPLIES 10

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
S@jjad

Should I try slow charging or schedule charging from battery care? Atleast there's a chance to get longer screen on time

View post
You can give a try but i dont think slow charging or schedule charging will help you to get good SOT because good/bad SOT that all depends on battery health.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, when you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

Please follow the below steps that may improve battery backup:      
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 
5. Check the following article for more information: https://www.asus.com/in/support/article/604/

S_4
Star I
Isn't the battery drain graph seems to be unusual?

Iam facing same problem it took 7 hours to fully charge my finger print also not working after update why asus giving asis giving a problem in every update other mobile companies giving updates without any problem I used vivo Z1 pro for 2 years without any issues but I used asus 6z from one year I faced so many problems I sold my vivo Z1 pro for buying asus 6z now Iam feeling sad why Why sold it asus doing this please fix our problems first time it is irritating with problems to us please fix it as soon as possible

victor010

Hi, when you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:

1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern

2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph

3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

Please follow the below steps that may improve battery backup:      

1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

5. Check the following article for more information: https://www.asus.com/in/support/article/604/

View post
Auto manager is not working