This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging stop working before warranty in this pandemic . how can i claimed or replace ?. Suggest me

RonWai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Before 3 days
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Asus Rog photo 3 Charging Cable has stopped working ..now i really need to charge my phone but my area has been called out total lockdown.How can i replace or claim my warranty? Or can i use any other charger to charge my phone?
4 REPLIES 4

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
RonWai

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Before 3 days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My Asus Rog photo 3 Charging Cable has stopped working ..now i really need to charge my phone but my area has been called out total lockdown.How can i replace or claim my warranty? Or can i use any other charger to charge my phone?

Charging stop working before warranty in this pandemic . how can i claimed or replace ?. Suggest me
Why dont you call out Asus helpline number to ask if they have some way out for you in this complete lockdown??. Till then you can use another cable if you have one.
You may also try to call nearby service centre by doing some Internet research for their contact number, See luckily if you can get connected to someone from service centre, If they are working internally and they should help you out.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi RonWai,
You can contact ASUS customer care. Let me know if you need any further help on this.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/callus/

Sky_hopper
Star II
Same thing happened with me when I bought the phone.
What I suspect about how it started is by the battery care app because I was fiddling with it before all the trouble started. Before giving the phone to service centre I did factory reset the phone twice just to make sure that it is not some software issue. But factory reset also didn't help. I think somehow that battery modes alter the charging function when you select not to charge the phone to 100 percent and restrict it to 80 or 90 percent.
I was able to charge my phone with any other charger (I was using my old Oneplus 3 charger that time) but was not able to charge it with stock charger and cable.
I gave my phone to service centre they charged my phone with RoG 2 charger and gave back my phone to me after giving a sarcastic look. They charged my phone 100% and I couldn't check it that time because it is impossible to drain battery from 100 to somewhere around 70 to check it but they did changed the stock charger and gave me a new one saying that they are not sure but they think it is the culprit.
Anyway I went back to the service centre and literally asked those guys to charge my phone with the new charger which they gave. Then only they understood the problem.
What the technician told me that he changed the charging port or something (I am not sure what he changed) and then they gave the phone back after fixing the issue.

After getting my phone fixed I have not opened the battery part of the settings till now, even after Android 11 beta update.

Sky_hopper
Star II
One of the moderator @Gustavøgave me an apk file.
I couldn't test it because by that time I give my phone to service centre and they fixed the issue.
I am not sure about the rules here but if you want then I will share the apk file and you can try it.

Edit: Tagged the wrong person. @Gustav_ASUS is the moderator and don't know why I am not able to delete the first tagged person.