Did you mean: 

High Network usage draining battery.

jutleys
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:WW_18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time fully charged network usage is the highest thing that drained battery
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not a app network usage have done a hard reset via recovery and fully charged still the same.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am still having high network usage i have tried everything hard reset in recovery changed to aa new sim from my network provider i dont use the phone much only when needed and casual stuff and gaming but the network usage is always the highest battery drainer. I have even tried switching to 3g still the same this is kind of concerning i hope Asus can look into this issue i have the `tincent version with the latest ~WW Global firmware installed. I am on `UK network Virgin with their latest sim card that supports 5G i have yet to get any 5G signal i have tried switching on 5G but i do not get any 5g signal i have checked and i am meant to get 5g in my area at least some 5g coverage. Virgin UK have just merged with Vodafone UK this is why they now have 5g coverage also along with other benefits that vodafone have too inc coverage 
 any feedback would be highly appreciated see my screenshot below thank you.

screenshot-20210515-072156777.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

jutleys
Star III
I have now removed the sim card from the phone and see how it behaves in aeroplane mode and no sim inside this is very disappointing that i need to remove a sim card because of high network battery usage Asus please optimise network usage for other networks this is clearly a big issue.

karthikraina404
Star II
Even everyday I'm facing this issue before sleeping, it was at 30% when I woke up the mobile switched off after 8hr sleep

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
karthikraina4043

Even everyday I'm facing this issue before sleeping, it was at 30% when I woke up the mobile switched off after 8hr sleep

View post
Is this issue started after latest update of ROG 5 or you are seeing this from day 1 when you have purchased your device??.
If you are seeing this issue from day 1 of your purchase, than Did you factory data reset your device this seems like a bug to me. Also if you are seeing same problem even after factory data reset kindly ask for replacement/Refund having a word with seller.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
karthikraina4043

View post
See idk how its also same to mine as i m rog 3 user but i am also have very agressive standby drain and its surely something else
When i use my device then battery life is decent but i its on standby , its like water running throug pipie 😂
Try giving logs to @Anders_ASUS