System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi, I have an ASUS Zenbook UX433FA laptop and recently purchased a 2nd external monitor that I would like to connect to the laptop. I am using the HDMI port for one of the monitors and tried to use the USB-C port to connect the second monitor (using USB-C to HDMI convertor) but this does not work.
Can you please advise me on how I can connect my second monitor?
9 REPLIES 9

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
DivyaRaghavendran
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi, I have an ASUS Zenbook UX433FA laptop and recently purchased a 2nd external monitor that I would like to connect to the laptop. I am using the HDMI port for one of the monitors and tried to use the USB-C port to connect the second monitor (using USB-C to HDMI convertor) but this does not work.

Can you please advise me on how I can connect my second monitor?

How to connect multiple external monitors to Asus Zenbook UX433FA
if your laptop comes with HDMI v1.4 port means, then you connect 2nd external monitor via hdmi cable,

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
There must be something wrong with the USB-C to hdmi converter. I have a UX482EG and have one monitor connected to the USB-C through a dock that has hdmi and a Pen digitizer monitor atached to the built-in hdmi port. So in fact I have 2 external monitors connected to my laptop all the time.

Thanks for the suggestions.
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS , my laptop has an HDMI port, but that is being used for one external monitor. I need to connect a second external monitor and need to know how to do that.
@MotoWiZ Thanks, I bought the USB-C to HDMI convertor (Anker PowerExpand usb-c to hdmi adapter) . It is just an adapter, it may be that I need an external dock like you have. Do you mind sharing what dock you use for connecting the second monitor?

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Mine is UGREEN mod. 40258, but it's not sold anymore I think. You can try and make a search on ebay or something.
I've bought it in 2017 for my Macbook Pro.
The advantage of this dock is that it has it's own power supply. I made an imprecision above, it connects to the laptop through the USB 3.0, not USB-C, but in my case is better because it's the only thing I have connected on the right side. With the Macbook I used to have it connected to the USB-C with a cable that bridged from USB to USB-C.

Here is a picture of my assembly with laptop, two monitors and the dock:
20210514-145833.jpg

Here are some pictures I found in the internet of the dock itself.
402583.jpg
34-965-051-s01.jpg
acbugn40258-04.jpg