cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen on time reduced significantly

swapnil03051999
Star III
XJANZS17RS2B.jpg
Mobile network standby still consuming a lot of battery.
21 REPLIES 21

getjohnalive
Rising Star I
I am also having battery life issue, but I am currently on EU Firmware v189. the standby battery life is very bad on this phone . disabling knock twice feature does not help for me too.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
getjohnalive

I am also having battery life issue, but I am currently on EU Firmware v189. the standby battery life is very bad on this phone . disabling knock twice feature does not help for me too.

View post
Afaik .191 is the latest firmware
Try updating to that and see if it helps

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/16629#Comment_16629

Afaik .191 is the latest firmware

Try updating to that and see if it helps

View post
.191 is not for EU. .189 is the latest firmware for EU models.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Please stop comparing SOT. It's totally irrelevant. Even when you compare against yourself, there might be changes in your usage behavior that you don't think about.

There are so many factors to consider
For example calls & music listening (especially with BT headphones) & apps that are constantly listening/pinging servers are not counted into SOT at all.
Maybe you have a smartwatch or some other device that's constantly talking to your phone?
People are using their phone so differently and no one writes a full report on how they're using it. They probably don't even remember themselves and this is why many focus so much on the battery usage numbers in Android. They only tell half of the truth if you don't know what's behind them. They're also just estimations.
Do you mostly brows the internet and read E-books or do you prefer playing games? What kind of games? They differ a lot even if they look similar. Even Google maps uses a lot of power.
Do you watch Youtube in FHD or SD?
Do you prefer low brightness or do you always run above 75%?
Are you always on mobile data or WiFi?
Maybe you take a lot of pictures or videos, maybe even in 4K?
This list on differences in user behavior can go on forever.

The only real comparison you can do and I have said this before, is to use a real benchmark like PCMark and you also need to make sure you're comparing with the same brightness. Even the temperature in the room will make a difference if someone in a cold country is comparing to someone in a very warm country.

So please, if you're going to compare. Do it the right way!

swapnil03051999
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Please stop comparing SOT. It's totally irrelevant. Even when you compare against yourself, there might be changes in your usage behavior that you don't think about.

There are so many factors to consider

For example calls & music listening (especially with BT headphones) & apps that are constantly listening/pinging servers are not counted into SOT at all.

Maybe you have a smartwatch or some other device that's constantly talking to your phone?

People are using their phone so differently and no one writes a full report on how they're using it. They probably don't even remember themselves and this is why many focus so much on the battery usage numbers in Android. They only tell half of the truth if you don't know what's behind them. They're also just estimations.

Do you mostly brows the internet and read E-books or do you prefer playing games? What kind of games? They differ a lot even if they look similar. Even Google maps uses a lot of power.

Do you watch Youtube in FHD or SD?

Do you prefer low brightness or do you always run above 75%?

Are you always on mobile data or WiFi?

Maybe you take a lot of pictures or videos, maybe even in 4K?

This list on differences in user behavior can go on forever.

The only real comparison you can do and I have said this before, is to use a real benchmark like PCMark and you also need to make sure you're comparing with the same brightness. Even the temperature in the room will make a difference if someone in a cold country is comparing to someone in a very warm country.

So please, if you're going to compare. Do it the right way!

View post
Listen Anders.
I said mobile network standby is using a lot of battery.
I am always connected to wifi
No Bluetooth headphones
I have mi band but i rarely connect it to my phone.
My usage patterns have been the same since the very beginning.
I am just telling 5000 mah battery should do wonders on a lcd panel in battery life department.
Earlier mobile network standby didn't consume so much of battery.
I just checked now and it has consumed 20 percent of my juice.
And I think everyone is facing this issue.
Its the duty of the customers to tell you what are the problems we are facing.
And its you people who we trust and believe that you can help us.
Also no need to be rude. Smh.