Call sound issue : Phone calls, whatsapp, signal || hatching and echo

Miwan
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5 12/128 Tencent version
Firmware Version: WW 18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: almost all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): SFR(french) // Stock calling app, also whatsapp and signal : last version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
here a video of the issue

When i call someone or someone call me :
on speaker : bad sound, look like hatching
Whitout speakers : i hear good, but pple not hear me, and have an echo of themselves
happen on Whatsapp 2.21.8.17, signal 5.9.5, (last versions), and the Call stock app from asus.

For information i tried the microphone alone with a tier app : works fine.
and the speakers : works fine also (netflix, youtube , etc)

I restored and delete everything many times,
and i tried with wifi, 4g, the same.

i updated to last FW also.

i try on safe mod : the same issue

i saw that when i use 'mute" button on the call, and i turn off and on the speakers, the sound is barely better.
so i think it's a application issue between the mic and the speakers.

thanks for reading me and helping.
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Could be a bug between Tencent and WW Rom. I suggest you factory reset the phone and try again. If the issue persists, then try to get a refund.

Miwan
Star II
Any chance i can go from WW to CN ?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Miwan

Any chance i can go from WW to CN ?

View post
Officially, no. If you have a Tencent model but have WW firmware, it is most likely the dealer would of flashed the device and thus you can't use the official way of unlocking bootloader. This is the reason why some people cannot get FOTA updates.
Getting money back and ensuring you get the WW firmware with a non-Tencent model would be the desire purchase way out of the problem.
If for some reason you can't get money back, head to XDA to get support if you want to flash the device yourself.
But I would try everything to get your money back before making the latter move.