deadbmx99
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
WHERE?????
i pay 1000$ for best game phone, but not support 90 fps???
25 REPLIES 25

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166589#Comment_166589

I think its not just about FPS, Game Developers also have to consider alot of aspects like compatibility for every hardware, & its battery life etc. Producing full fledge 90FPS is not a simple thing like "we ask & they implement that option with next update" . Also you must know that not everyone holds phone owning support with higher FPS still in 2021. There are still many users out there happy with standard 60 FPS (this users are more comparing players on higher Fps ) . And turning game into higher FPS is alot of work & testings & resources etc etc. & so may be the reason for limiting it. Atlast stability is much More important in all aspects no matter what FPS you play on. Every user must be happy to keep playing that game for decades. And so they cant just mess with there game software. Which will ruin overall experince for normal users if it is not fully compatible. & may be that is the reason they add it model by model. What i think just in general.

View post
You are so clueless its amazing. For some extremly strange reason you think developers have to implement 90FPS into their game which is absolutely false. Infact the opposite is true, they actually have to work to prevent phones to be able to go above 60fps and even have to whitelist phones which makes it even more painful. If the user wants to play 60fps, then they can set the FPS to 60FPS. I don't see your point. All we are advocating for here is that every user should have the ability to set whatever FPS they want and not have to buy a phone in order to be able to do it. You're clearly not a competitive gamer and you have demonstrated absolute massive ignorance when it comes to games in general by implying there is some sort of work invovled to run a game into higher FPS which is ridicolous.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
AmitGarde

I think its not just about FPS, Game Developers also have to consider alot of aspects like compatibility for every hardware, & its battery life etc. Producing full fledge 90FPS is not a simple thing like "we ask & they implement that option with next update" . Also you must know that not everyone holds phone owning support with higher FPS still in 2021. There are still many users out there happy with standard 60 FPS (this users are more comparing players on higher Fps ) . And turning game into higher FPS is alot of work & testings & resources etc etc. & so may be the reason for limiting it. Atlast stability is much More important in all aspects no matter what FPS you play on. Every user must be happy to keep playing that game for decades. And so they cant just mess with there game software. Which will ruin overall experince for normal users if it is not fully compatible. & may be that is the reason they add it model by model. What i think just in general.

View post
That flawed strategy is a p2p and p2w way for players and for companies
Because they have to get a new phone,partnered companies and such,profit with dirty tactics
Otherwise budget gamers would rule

ramzi_bourguiba
Star III
AmitGarde

View post
Just for clarification, the Chinese version of pubg mobile which is the same thing, had the 90fps option from day one I received the phone. I installed it and test it myself. I was able to play in 90fps option in the Chinese version with every phone I owned (Samsung Galaxy note 20,Galaxy S20, Galaxy S21) and now the rog phone 5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ramzi_bourguiba

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166602#Comment_166602

Just for clarification, the Chinese version of pubg mobile which is the same thing, had the 90fps option from day one I received the phone. I installed it and test it myself. I was able to play in 90fps option in the Chinese version with every phone I owned (Samsung Galaxy note 20,Galaxy S20, Galaxy S21) and now the rog phone 5

View post
And thats how its supposed to be. Not sure why the global versions are so utterly weird by comparison.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166635#Comment_166635

And thats how its supposed to be. Not sure why the global versions are so utterly weird by comparison.

View post
Leaving politics aside, I could be making this up, because Tencent Corp is a Mainland Chinese company, and the CN/Tencent ROG models are developed by Mainland Chinese Developers, so I think that is heavily related. Just like OnePlus device get the first 90FPS update, because OnePlus is a Mainland China company. ASUS is a Taiwanese company. So I could see favouritism here and to make a phone model the desired one.
The other way I can think of this is PUBG gets income by selling in-game stuff, so they would go for the popular brands first.