Zaf_Khan
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: M3AIKN05B755LEF
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 11
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I Bought Asus Rog 5 Recently and as you all know that this Phone is not supported 90 FPS in Pubg Mobile yet, So i was looking on Asus Official Website for updates to keep my phone up to date. I got shock that Asus put one APK file there and if someone used it it will unlock the phone bootloader. That's what happened with me and there is no way to lock the bootloader again.

Now my question it that why ASUS put that file there which can cause customer devices security and also warranty.?
Why Asus is not providing one another file which can be used to lock the bootloader again?

is this was Asus plan to unlock customer phones bootloaders so they can not claim warranty?
I hope one day i will get the answers of my question else i will move to Realm or One+ phone.
😪😪😪
6 REPLIES 6

AdvisorHelm
Star II
Bye bye 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Aryan202
Community Legend I
This post is kinda stupid to be honest
How do you download the unlock tool from the website (when it's clearly labelled properly with all the warnings)
Then check the boxes in the tool and click on "proceed to unlock" then say you unlocked the phone by mistake and fault Asus for it 🤷
As soon as you open the unlock tool you get a pretty big EULA agreement page
screenshot-20210512-131407316-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20210512-131355584-281-29.jpg
How exactly does someone unlock by mistake lol

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I smell a user who unlocked his device and then tries to talk himself into somehow getting his device unlisted from blacklist to cheat himself some warranty back.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Zaf Khan

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: M3AIKN05B755LEF
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2103.26
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 11

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I Bought Asus Rog 5 Recently and as you all know that this Phone is not supported 90 FPS in Pubg Mobile yet, So i was looking on Asus Official Website for updates to keep my phone up to date. I got shock that Asus put one APK file there and if someone used it it will unlock the phone bootloader. That's what happened with me and there is no way to lock the bootloader again.

Now my question it that why ASUS put that file there which can cause customer devices security and also warranty.?

Why Asus is not providing one another file which can be used to lock the bootloader again?

is this was Asus plan to unlock customer phones bootloaders so they can not claim warranty?

I hope one day i will get the answers of my question else i will move to Realm or One+ phone.

😪😪😪

Asus Rog5 Bootloader Unlock Issue
Unbelievable my 9 year old grandson wouldn't buy that story. But points for trying eh 🤣