cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

xerodoom
Star III
Can somebody point me to where I can buy a lightng armor case for rog 5? I have been looking everywhere.

jutleys
Star III
xerodoom

Can somebody point me to where I can buy a lightng armor case for rog 5? I have been looking everywhere.

View post
I am also trying to find it and want to know how it looks does it have the lights built into the case? or is it the free armour case you get with the phone which i have already anyone with the rog5 version pictures would be great thanks.

Rookie
Star II
Hi, I bought the Rog 5 for gaming, specifically pubg. But ever since I bought the phone the pubg game has been lagging idk why. Whenever enemies pass or go around me the frame drops and is clearly visible. The 90 fps option isn't available either rn as the new update rolled out yesterday. I basically don't care that much about the 90 fps but about the frame drops of the phone. Having the latest processor and termed gaming phone, I expected it to atleast give 60 fps constant. Yet I am stuck with huge frame drops in competitive custom rooms which is really frustrating. Comparing this to OnePlus 7t which is 3 generations behind, the pubg doesn't lag in it my friends confirmed. So could you guys please do something about this. 90 fps can wait I just want smooth 60 fps gameplay 🥲.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Rookie

Hi, I bought the Rog 5 for gaming, specifically pubg. But ever since I bought the phone the pubg game has been lagging idk why. Whenever enemies pass or go around me the frame drops and is clearly visible. The 90 fps option isn't available either rn as the new update rolled out yesterday. I basically don't care that much about the 90 fps but about the frame drops of the phone. Having the latest processor and termed gaming phone, I expected it to atleast give 60 fps constant. Yet I am stuck with huge frame drops in competitive custom rooms which is really frustrating. Comparing this to OnePlus 7t which is 3 generations behind, the pubg doesn't lag in it my friends confirmed. So could you guys please do something about this. 90 fps can wait I just want smooth 60 fps gameplay 🥲.

View post
I read somewhere that Oneplus has a tie ups with Tencent PUBG mobile and so you will not see more comaptibility problems with Oneplus. As lot of testing is alredy done on those devices from Game developers side also yes 90FPS is alredy in talks for ROG 5 for PUBG mobile. Remember Other brands have huge huge resources to invest on comparing with ASUS and so it is bit of a diffrence in compatability but let me tell you i saw a youtuber who was comparimg ROG 5 & Oneplus 9 pro side by side and let me tell you there was just a minute 1-2 FPS diffrence in both so nothing here to worry about and who knows if enabeling 90FPS gets ROG5 to its full fledge.
So stay tuned until supoort for 90FPS arrives, As it will be only pushed out after its stable testing. and boom all lagging and stuttry issues will vanish in game.

Meagashira
Star I
good evening, only happens to me that the right air trigger does not work properly when the phone is "cold"? as soon as it goes up to temperature, a couple of minutes, it works great.