This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GPU stuck at 300mhz while gaming

Yuvandi
Star II
so I have zephyrus s (RTX 2070), its kinda almost 2 years i buy this laptop. so its start from past few months, i play like dota or pes maybe, its running well early, but after 5/10 minutes its start verly lagging. I see my fps drop to 10, not even more than that. so i go checked my armoury crate said that gpu freq only 300mhz and its already on plugged. i try many solutions from other forums or youtube video that end nothing for me. can u guys give me the best one for me to fix this?
at least give me the proper solution before i take this to service centre again, btw i already changed the mobo for 2 times,
SPECS
Zephyrus S (GX502GW)
Intel I7-9750H 2.6Ghz
RTX 2070 (115W)
Graph driver 466.27
last windows update
7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Yuvandi

so I have zephyrus s (RTX 2070), its kinda almost 2 years i buy this laptop. so its start from past few months, i play like dota or pes maybe, its running well early, but after 5/10 minutes its start verly lagging. I see my fps drop to 10, not even more than that. so i go checked my armoury crate said that gpu freq only 300mhz and its already on plugged. i try many solutions from other forums or youtube video that end nothing for me. can u guys give me the best one for me to fix this?

at least give me the proper solution before i take this to service centre again, btw i already changed the mobo for 2 times,

SPECS

Zephyrus S (GX502GW)

Intel I7-9750H 2.6Ghz

RTX 2070 (115W)

Graph driver 466.27

last windows update

My GPU stuck at 300mhz while gaming
add game executable files in Nvidia control panel , before playing games , connect AC adapter to lapyop.
At present, disable or turn off armory crate and then play games.
Before playing disable background applications, disable or delete all tasks registered under task scheduler.
turn off antivirus applications including windows defender.

Yuvandi
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47984/my-gpu-stuck-at-300mhz-while-gaming

add game executable files in Nvidia control panel , before playing games , connect AC adapter to lapyop.

At present, disable or turn off armory crate and then play games.

Before playing disable background applications, disable or delete all tasks registered under task scheduler.

turn off antivirus applications including windows defender.

View post
thx mate, but i almost cant get some ur tips, or all of it lol
disable or turn off armoury crate, it means what? not to open it while gaming or uninstall it?
add game executable... means add my games to program settings in manage 3d settings right?
disable or delete all tasks registered.., mean i just open my game and closed others app?
and the last one, you mean windows defender firewall, i dont have 3rd app or kinda like that for antiivirus, should i turn off the windows antivirus?
thanks mate, correct me if im wrong, or maybe u can explain the detail step on each ur point

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Yuvandi,
I suggest to ignore RAJU for your case. Thank you.
May you check in Armoury Crate to see the the mode you set to, the GPU temperature, Hz and fan RPM when the issue occurred?
Please share the screenshot if possible.
Thank you again.

Yuvandi
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Yuvandi,

I suggest to ignore RAJU for your case. Thank you.

May you check in Armoury Crate to see the the mode you set to, the GPU temperature, Hz and fan RPM when the issue occurred?

Please share the screenshot if possible.

Thank you again.

View post
Hello Blake,
thx for respond man
heres my screenshot in game and my armoury crate, hope u have an idea for this,
for ur information, i always reset my laptop to previous setting, after try unuseful tips
screenshot-2021-05-11-055452.png
screenshot-2021-05-13-003844.png
screenshot-2021-05-13-003020.png