Future-X
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.78_0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: recent 3 days
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I don't know If anyone had this before, about 2 days ago mine phone can't charge from the bottom port anymore, instead, when i plug in the cable, the phone will flash for a second showing that it is charging and then just gone. I had a bunch of cables and power bricks, i tried all possible combination among them and still getting same issue, however if a switch for side port it not only charges and it can fast charge. if it stays like that it is fine to me since we got two ports it is not something it can't overcome, however just a couple of days ago the thing switched, now the issue happens to mine side port but the bottom port can now charges, with the exact same set of cable and power brick i been using the whole time. but it can't fast charge, with the huge battery no fast charging is really a pain, i have been reading solution online and try all the method except the factory rest, anyone has any idea about this?
6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Future-X

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.78_0
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recent 3 days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

So I don't know If anyone had this before, about 2 days ago mine phone can't charge from the bottom port anymore, instead, when i plug in the cable, the phone will flash for a second showing that it is charging and then just gone. I had a bunch of cables and power bricks, i tried all possible combination among them and still getting same issue, however if a switch for side port it not only charges and it can fast charge. if it stays like that it is fine to me since we got two ports it is not something it can't overcome, however just a couple of days ago the thing switched, now the issue happens to mine side port but the bottom port can now charges, with the exact same set of cable and power brick i been using the whole time. but it can't fast charge, with the huge battery no fast charging is really a pain, i have been reading solution online and try all the method except the factory rest, anyone has any idea about this?

ROG phone 2 wired charging issue
I have seen issues where the phone doesn't charge from bottom port, and it can be charged from the side port. But never heard of it switching.
Does any of the port work when in safe mode?
When you charge from the side port, ensure you charge using the left port and not the right port.

Future-X
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47945/rog-phone-2-wired-charging-issue

I have seen issues where the phone doesn't charge from bottom port, and it can be charged from the side port. But never heard of it switching.

Does any of the port work when in safe mode?

When you charge from the side port, ensure you charge using the left port and not the right port.

View post
I know and that's why I said so weird. yes I do know that I have to charge from the left port on the side. Tried safe mod, still same issue, which can be charge from bottom but now fast charging and side port only flashes for a second

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Future-X

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166097#Comment_166097

I know and that's why I said so weird. yes I do know that I have to charge from the left port on the side. Tried safe mod, still same issue, which can be charge from bottom but now fast charging and side port only flashes for a second

View post
Go to Calculator and type in ".12345+=" without the double quotes.
Do "Single Test" and then do "AC Charging Test".
Do this for both side port and bottom port.
If it fails on one, it will need to beservice centre. If successful, it sounds it could be a software glitch in which case, a factory reset should be performed.
Hope that helps you.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Future-X

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.78_0
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recent 3 days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

ROG phone 2 wired charging issue
99% sure this is hardware issue. Please contact ASUS service