This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 home gesture

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
12/512gb elite edition rog 2. I recently became accustomed to the Android 10 gesture system in part to buying a oneplus 7t pro and wanting to take full advantage of the bezeless display. Ive switched from the navigation bar to the gestures on my rog 2 and noticed there isn't any way to go your home page on the desktop without having to swip through all the pages. Swiping up from the very bottom only opens the app drawer. Is there any way or work around to navigate directly to the home page from the desktop?

19 REPLIES 19

ronald1985
Community Legend I

kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165313#Comment_165313

I found a sorta workaround. I got the panels app. It adds what is essentially a app drawer to the left or right side of your phone. The "trigger" (a color bar) supports gestures as long as you have the app or system feature pinned to the main drawer. So I assigned the swipe up on trigger gesture to take me to my home page.

View post
I have found a way, but it isn't using "Gesture navigation".
I used "Swipe up on Home button" and the use "SetEdit" app to hide when an app is opened. But the main thing here is that the navigation bar is hidden, but on homescreen, you can press on the centre and it goes back to the default home screen.
To show the navigation bar, you have to swipe up to show up the bar and swipe as usual.
Do you want to give it a try to see if it suits you?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Here is a recording of what it looks like:

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Here is a recording for showing switching homescreens using the navigation bar:

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166105#Comment_166105

I have found a way, but it isn't using "Gesture navigation".

I used "Swipe up on Home button" and the use "SetEdit" app to hide when an app is opened. But the main thing here is that the navigation bar is hidden, but on homescreen, you can press on the centre and it goes back to the default home screen.

To show the navigation bar, you have to swipe up to show up the bar and swipe as usual.

Do you want to give it a try to see if it suits you?

View post
Yes! I actually just used set edit last week to get that sweet sweet rog eye theme without having to spend a hundred dollars (or even more now) on the lightning armor case. I'm aware of how the swipe up from home navigation works. Never cared much for it due to the difficulty when navigating to the app drawer and not obtaining any more screen real estate over the regular navigation bar. Which is one of the main reasons I stick with edge gestures. Too hard to go back to less screen real-estate. BUT I'm interested in the set edit procedure. I might be able to work something for the edge gestures. Which BTW my oneplus 7t pro McClaren 5G just got android 11 and I can still swipe up from the very bottom and go to the homepage

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166129#Comment_166129

Yes! I actually just used set edit last week to get that sweet sweet rog eye theme without having to spend a hundred dollars (or even more now) on the lightning armor case. I'm aware of how the swipe up from home navigation works. Never cared much for it due to the difficulty when navigating to the app drawer and not obtaining any more screen real estate over the regular navigation bar. Which is one of the main reasons I stick with edge gestures. Too hard to go back to less screen real-estate. BUT I'm interested in the set edit procedure. I might be able to work something for the edge gestures. Which BTW my oneplus 7t pro McClaren 5G just got android 11 and I can still swipe up from the very bottom and go to the homepage

View post
Add this to Secure:
Key = nav_vis_hide
Value = 1
To restore, simply delete or update to 0.