White line

rimsv77
Rising Star II

screenshot-20210430-125246561-2.jpg
Hello, could it be turned off? Thank you
26 REPLIES 26

CVonC
Rising Star II
That is exactly what this thread is about. The swipe gesture system navigation (instead of button navigation) leaves a horizontal line indicator on the bottom of the screen that just takes up space for really no good reason at all.
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165778#Comment_165778

"Swipe up gesture navjgation" is one method where you can hide and use full screen expereince. if you have it in system navigation method. I am not sure if Zenfone 7/7pro had it.

View post

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
CVonC

That is exactly what this thread is about. The swipe gesture system navigation (instead of button navigation) leaves a horizontal line indicator on the bottom of the screen that just takes up space for really no good reason at all.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165845#Comment_165845

View post
I think you are misunderstood. Let me explain i own a Zenfone 5z with Android 10 Zenui 6, i can see several options in system navigation
1) Gesture navigation- when you use this option you will see navigation bar always at the bottom of screen.👇
screenshot-20210507-131925292.jpg
2) swipe up gesture navigation- when you use this option navigation bar is hidden. as you can read, you can Go back, home, and switch apps only just by swiping up on bottom of screen. And you can use your device with full screen experince everywhere👇
screenshot-20210507-132633097.jpg
I am not sure if Zenfone 7/7pro has that swipe up-gesture navigation option in its system navigation. With Android 11.
So if you have this option then you can use this 2nd option,if you want to hide that bottom space with navigation bar.
Thanks!

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Neah. On zf7 you only get 2 options. Buttons or gesture. And gesture has the pill because google has the pill. I checked the pixel 3a and it is exactly same as ours...

rimsv77
Rising Star II
The 2 options are: 1. Wait for the repair 2.root and adjust to your liking. And then there's option 3: another phone. I chose root for now. I would still like to vote. Otherwise, the zenfon 7 is the perfect machine. And I would like if asus finally adjusted everything I wanted: a white line, dial, seconds in hours. Support indefinitely ...;-)

rimsv77
Rising Star II
One more thing: vote, vote and vote. And then voWifi ... 😉