cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Aryan202
Community Legend I
berglake

I got a invite to join BETA for Rog Phone 5, Is it Android 12?

View post
Not so fast lol
Android 12 is still in developer preview stage
I think they're recruiting testers early on so whenever they do a beta program they don't have to deal with the recruiting hassle again
Or maybe Asus might push some builds earlier to the beta testers before stable
* Second point just a possibility

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165919#Comment_165919

Not so fast lol

Android 12 is still in developer preview stage

I think they're recruiting testers early on so whenever they do a beta program they don't have to deal with the recruiting hassle again

Or maybe Asus might push some builds earlier to the beta testers before stable

* Second point just a possibility

View post
berglake

screenshot-20210507-155834349.jpg

screenshot-20210507-155843106.jpg

😀 This is interesting.

View post
Its rog my friend its rog , i think its enough to understand updates related stuff😂
Its not a mid range device who get timely update , they make you wait and desperate so that when updates arrives , you dont ask for another for a long time 😂

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
berglake

I got a invite to join BETA for Rog Phone 5, Is it Android 12?

View post
Nope but i think its beta program for regular updates on ROG 5. You can understand ROG series is a combination of whole eco-system with lots of other accessories which needs more stable compatability. & that requires lot of internal testing before final build. so this may be a move from Asus in order to improve the speed of updates on ROG series with faster testing and bug fixes.
Note :- more the testing is then it is much easier and faster to make device as stable as it can.. 😉
Enjoy your beta testing if you are registered. 😊

Android
Rising Star I

Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165897#Comment_165897

Thermal throttling, 60c ambient, bugged software causing all sorts of weird behaviour such as massive battery drain on idle, headphone not working as intended etc., no VoLTE, ViLTE, one of the most fragile phones in 2021, very bad camera setup for the pricerange, no wireless charging, to name a few issues. I wouldnt call it near perfect, while it does have some good points, there certainly are a ton of flaws as well. Currently especially durability is a concern of the rog5. Considering that 2g/3g networks are switching of in many areas, not having VoLTE and ViLTE is a rather big problem.

View post
Well, it sounds perfect on paper at least.
Bending is honestly not a problem if you put a case on it like what JerryRigEverything said in the description of his ROG Phone 5 teardown video. (I could care less about this as a Nexus 6P owner)
I also don't mind the bad camera because it's not necessarily what I would pay for in a gaming phone. If I want a good camera, I would go for a different phone. I'd rather ASUS allocate resources on other features that enhance my entertainment experience.
Wireless charging would be a cool feature to go along with the ROG Throne Qi and would look nice in a good battlestation but I don't mind not having one if it can drive the price down.
The headphone not working as intended and other software problems is regrettable though... It's sad if what makes the ROG Phone 5 great isn't properly working.

The biggest problem where I agree with you is the lack of proper network and carrier support because the ROG Phone 5 is first and foremost a phone. 5G NEEDS to work and VoLTE NEEDS to be enabled. ASUS NEEDS to work with more carriers so that more people can purchase the phone knowing that it's compatible with their network and have basic standards that ACTUAL PHONES have. I want to make sure that calls don't drop and that I have good coverage when I'm travelling around. It's 2021 and phone standards have evolved, ASUS needs to catch up.

Spice
Star I
Ok I got a clue .. settings - accessibility - vibration - touch set to OFF and it's gone for now. I think it's software bug !!!