Did you mean: 

2 major things

gugul
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2102.107
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: has been occuring since the birth of this device.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System UI and every other app which is related with showing some dark colours.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
At this point, I don't even know whether I'm being impatient or everyone else is being very patient. It's been 8 months and I'm still waiting for the black crush/colour banding/red tint fix. It's getting frustrating now. What's more frustrating is lack of communication. Mods don't care to let us know what's going on and if the work is in progress or there's an ETA of when this is going to get fixed. 

It's very difficult to watch a movie which has lots of dark scenes in it. Leave alone movies, sometimes it's even impossible to set a wallpaper which has a dark gradient which is not completely black. Just be upfront about the solution. Whether this issue will be fixed or not. 

A single guy solved this issue bypassing whatever obstacles were there set by pixelwork and he had been constantly telling about his progress throughout the process. At the end everyone was happy to see that it can be solved indeed. 

Another frustrating thing is ignorance. I've seen one of the mods asking people whether they're on the latest software and if the issue still persists then take the device to service center which is absolutely rubbish. It isn't helping by any means. The issue is not going to be solved by taking the device to service center. 

Just be upfront about the roadmap or ETA so that those who can't wait will root the device and use the fix else we will be on our own. Just keeping us in a limbo isn't helping. During these tough times, watching movies somehow gives a bit of relaxation, a feeling of detachment from the outer world and if that experience is not going to be good enough or your eyes constantly getting distracted by those tedious colours on the screen which expresses discontent, then it will get just more and more difficult to deal with the situation. 

Second major thing is lack of volte/vowifi. Many people on this forum have been seen complaining regarding this issue. Especially in india we've hearing that vowifi on Airtel is in progress and soon that feature should kick in. In my opinion it should have been kicked in by now. I've seen the video of Rog 5 on geekyranjit's channel where he was seen using the airtel sim with vowifi feature. So I believe it should arrive very soon nevertheless I could not know what's the timeline range of "soon" for Asus. 

I'm exactly not complaining about the second one but many other people are. Many countries are going to ban the 3g network so it'll be useful for them at least they should get VoLTE which I believe will actually arrive soon. But my main complaint is regarding the infamous Black crush/colour banding. It's indeed getting frustrating. So please mods, at least let us know about the progress of the solution for this problem. 

@Gustav_ASUS @TITAN
23 REPLIES 23

gugul
Rising Star II
sudhi.k

Dear Gugul,

There are many posts regarding these issues in the forum and we have not got any proper answer or timeline regarding update/OTA/ fix etc. This means they are not sure about anything yet.

The other day I saw a user has fixed display issues by tweaking the software, when a normal user with knowledge of software can do it then y asus is not able to do it?

All these things are a part of our buying experience as I said and we have to suffer.

Also just wanted to highlight here that Vivo has updated many of its mid range phones to version 11 directly from version 9 which shows that anything is possible until there is interest to do it.

View post
Yes, what you said is absolutely true. The customer experience is not upto the mark in a number of areas but, what bothers me the most is being oblivious to the status of that infamous crushing/banding issue.
After few days we'll be oblivious to the status of us getting the next Android version.
Let's see and hope for the best.😄

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
@gugul Mod has reverted to visit service centre for display issues. Couple of my friends have already done it but no use. I have not gone as I don’t want to open my phone until there is some internal or actual hardware problem. Either Asus had to fix the issue through update or replace devices by taking responsibility of their mistake. I think both won’t happen. Still living under hope from past many months. Also regarding android 11 it’s under beta from past 2 plus month and dono how many more months it’s going to take

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sudhi.k

@gugul Mod has reverted to visit service centre for display issues. Couple of my friends have already done it but no use. I have not gone as I don’t want to open my phone until there is some internal or actual hardware problem. Either Asus had to fix the issue through update or replace devices by taking responsibility of their mistake. I think both won’t happen. Still living under hope from past many months. Also regarding android 11 it’s under beta from past 2 plus month and dono how many more months it’s going to take

View post
Android 11 release date depends on the stability of the system
They recently released beta 5 for testers,on the telegram channel I don't see any complains and some have noticed improved sot by the way on A11
If all goes well stable should release soon

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165898#Comment_165898

They recently released beta 5 for testers,on the telegram channel I don't see any complains and some have noticed improved sot by the way on A11

View post
I think the improved SoT is because of the new codec uses, apparently watching streams and such is more efficient now if i read correcly. Nice to hear longer battery life tho.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165898#Comment_165898

View post
There is no proper timeline that’s what makes us frustrated and sad. Soon is what we are hearing from many months. Other brands are on correct pace as compared to Asus which will make us think if we should buy future products or not. Rog 3 has superb hardware without proper software support which is the saddest part. And also are u a beta tester yourself if so can u comment on the overall improvement on user experience as a whole.