This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5 Temperature

waxy78611
Zen Master I
I was wondering if this is normal for the Rog phone 5.
So, just by Web browsing, using YouTube & WhatsApp, the phone temperature reaches 38 degrees celcius. Is this actually normal for such light usage? Brightness is at 50% or less & volume is 50%.
In comparison with my huawei p40 pro plus, the huawei reaches a maximum of 22 degrees celcius with the exact same usage. I use the phones in the same room so room temperature isn't the issue here.
Moving onto gaming, playing call of duty with 50% brightness and max settings, the Rog 5 reaches 46 degrees celcius & becomes extremely uncomfortable to touch. With the same settings and environment, the huawei reaches maximum 33degrees celcius.
Genshin Impact with max settings makes the Rog 5 reach slightly over 60 degrees 😒 60 degrees is too hot and I have to put the phone down and lower the settings. The huawei reaches 41 degrees maximum with Genshin at highest settings.
I find this very concerning. Surely these high temps can't be good for the long run. I bought the rog 5 brand new and have bought all the rog phones. None of the previous rog phones had such high temperatures. With the games, I can sort of understand but even 60 degrees is pushing it. But with light usage such as youtube and Web browsing, 38 degrees Celsius is quite concerning.
I appreciate that the rog 5 is a new phone. Dear Asus, are you planning to sort out this heating issue with any software updates? Is this something you're looking into?
As mentioned, I do like the Rog Phones and really don't want to sell mine. The rog is basically the perfect phone except for the heating. If you are working on a solution for this then I'll happily wait for it 🙂
If this is something that can't be fixed and I assume most of it is down to Qualcomm's laziness with the Snapdragon 888, then please let us know if its something which is out of your control so we can decide wether to keep the Rog 5 or not. After all, a hot phone is mostly never a good sign. I will say though, the Snapdragon 888 is a very problematic Chipset as many other phones with this Chipset are getting very hot (but not as hot as the Rog 5).
So, are you planning to fix this issue, are you looking into it? Or is this issue something which can't be fixed with software updates?
Look forward to hearing from you
13 REPLIES 13

ZT-0c6a6e7b
Star I
hi, i have this same probolem... my rog phone is also hot in genshin 60 degree on max detal and 60fps...

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Aryan202

What's your ambient temperature by the way ?

And 60 degrees is the temperature for the cpu?

My 845 cpu idles around 42-43 mostly during usage with gaming it easily touches 50+ upto 60 maybe while gaming and that's just at 30 fps + medium settings on genshin impact

View post
Software update fixed this issue but now I've got more problems. Asus is unpredictable and somewhat sh**

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165608#Comment_165608

Software update fixed this issue but now I've got more problems. Asus is unpredictable and somewhat sh**

View post
I fail to see how software update fixes this unless they went even harder on throttlemode which is already pathehic as the rog5 is the slowest gaming phone 2021 due to throttling.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165771#Comment_165771

I fail to see how software update fixes this unless they went even harder on throttlemode which is already pathehic as the rog5 is the slowest gaming phone 2021 due to throttling.

View post
It fixed the temperature but now I have more issues check my recent thread