This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8K, 4K 60 & slow motion above 4K 120 is forced saved in the internal storage.

1Steve
Star II
Model Name: ZenFone 7
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: Not
APP name & APP Version: Camera 7.6.17.1_210415

Version 30.41.69.51 - "Below files would be saved in internal storage". 8k, 4k 60 and slow motion 4k 120

In the previous update all video recordings were saved in the MicroSD (if it's the chosen saved location), but in this version even though the set location is in the MicroSD; it says "below files would be saved in internal storage". Backwards move, this update. My 400 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro is more than enough to handle these video recording modes, as I have already recorded several videos exceeding the 20 min mark.

If this is to safeguard the overheating problem in some zen 7/7 pro phones, as to limit the recording duration; it's a band-aid solution, really a bad move. Hope they seriously fix this up in the upcoming update.
screenshot-20210506-090150475-281-29.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

CVonC
Rising Star II
Hmm I wonder if it was the same on A10. I never checked. But yeah that's a pretty fail limitation if the mSD card can handle it 😕

1Steve
Star II
It was indeed the same on A10. When I updated to the A11 update last 14-04-21 - "30.40.30.96" everything was fine. I always keep logs on my updates. I screenshot every single update so I have a point of reference.
When I record 8K or 4K 60 lengthy videos, I always transfer it at the end of the day to my laptop. A day later after the 30.41.69.51 update, I recorded an 8K video. When I was searching through my MicroSD directory for the video, I couldn't find it.
I then thought of searching it in the internal storage, then lo and behold it was there. I then checked my camera settings to look into whether the chosen saved location is still set on the MicroSD option and it still is, but now it has changed. This conditional setting is whacked. 🤦🏻‍♂️

kr0mka
Rising Star I
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. Even 8K bitrate (around 108mbps = 12MBps) doesn't saturate most microsd cards write speeds. Why are we "dumbing" down the freedom of choice here? First forced wide angle lens on third party apps selfies and now this.

edddd
Rising Star I
I also noticed this. Recording to SD card worked fine at 4K 60fps before...