Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Callander
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since updating to A11 I don't get notified either by sound or visually, for reminders I set in the calendar. I seem to still get them if I set a task but not for reminders. I have checked all settings I think but may have missed something obvious HELP PLEASE!
PS I am/ was going to trade up to the ZenFone 8 as soon as it's available but I really need to know if this is going to happen on the zen 8 as well,so is it an Asus A11 bug or just a zen 7 bug
12 REPLIES 12

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Have you read my post? I have the exactly same problem with the calendar app. And I have provided Asus hte logs for it... So nice opening 1000 posts for one problem...it is very helpful to find a solution so

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165511#Comment_165511

What does it say when you long-press your calendar app then press app info -> notifications?

Have you also checked all the settings inside your calendar app?

View post
PS yes I have checked the calendar settings and I can't see anything wrong or anything I can fix in there . Do we just not get notifications for reminders anymore, I mean I can live with that I'll just set them as tasks from now on but I would just like to know

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Ok thanks to Skipwoof I have discovered that uninstalling the calendar app updates fixes the problem but unfortunately updating it again just beings the bug back .
He also pointed out that it isn't a problem on other A11 phones like Nokia so not sure what is actually going on. It's a pity because I like to keep all apps updated but I really like getting notifications for reminders so I guess I will just have to live with it unupdated .
Special thanks to Skipwoof

CVonC
Rising Star II
Pity the Zenfone 8 Flip is pretty much the same as the Zenfone 7 Pro. You only get a minor SoC upgrade (SD888), screen and refresh rate is the same. Oh and apparently the ultrawide is being replaced with a macro lens instead? What a bad decision lol.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
CVonC

Pity the Zenfone 8 Flip is pretty much the same as the Zenfone 7 Pro. You only get a minor SoC upgrade (SD888), screen and refresh rate is the same. Oh and apparently the ultrawide is being replaced with a macro lens instead? What a bad decision lol.

View post
Ok so then the rumours of it being about$1000 AU is probably correct then. Still at least it comes with A 11 out of the box so it will go up to A13 eventually LoL thanks for the heads up