This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ROG 3 takes a lot of time to cool down?

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

24 REPLIES 24

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165600#Comment_165600

Listen,since you have 30 ambient,don't except it to go lower when in use

Also,if it doesn't go over 38 or 40,then it's fine,since it's using a set amount of power and thus won't reach higher temps

Also 3 minutes for 3c? That's fine,on higher temps it will be even faster,but remember,don't measure temps by the screen,cause that's where the heat escapes

View post
kompellavedanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165591#Comment_165591

1) I use Amazon prime video.

2)the starting temperature is 33 and it's is reaches 38C within 5 mins.

3) almost 3 mins.

Thank you.

View post
As he said and also dont settle with one application, try with youtube and games and then compare

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
Using YouTube goes to 36C.

Mr_TylerDurden
Rising Star I
Even I have observed my phone heats up while using Amazon prime ( where I see movies with black crush )

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
kompellavedanth

Using YouTube goes to 36C.

View post
Mr_TylerDurden

Even I have observed my phone heats up while using Amazon prime ( where I see movies with black crush )

View post
The matter here is not heating up but cooling down , so u have to measure the cooling down time with your ambient and you device temp ,
Just 2 min before typing this msg , my device was at 51C and i stopped using for 2 min and it dropped to 45 C and my Ambients are around 34C so i will be under 40C in 5-10 min , if this isn't the case with your device then comr back and tell me with proper explanation of how you measured the cooling time and what was your ambient
And you device will about be 4-5C more than Ambients like if your are sitting on a non AC room and your Ambient are 40C than if you are using only whatsapp and your device is at 45-47C , yea no surprise its norkal becoz of your Ambients so tell me if you are experiencing worse than this and as i said with proper explanation of your situation of cooling down and all

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Saifuddin

Its not phone fault , it is 100% dependent on ambient and how hot your device is

Like in my case , my Ambients are always around 40C and more so the device never go below 40c becoz of ambient, if i was in AC room my device go to 25C becoz then my Ambients will even low so its goes this way

Let me quote someone " if your phone was below ambient , you would have a miracle😂 "

View post
I wonder who said the quote 🤔
Must be a genious 🤣