Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7
Firmware Version: 30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Callander
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since updating to A11 I don't get notified either by sound or visually, for reminders I set in the calendar. I seem to still get them if I set a task but not for reminders. I have checked all settings I think but may have missed something obvious HELP PLEASE!
PS I am/ was going to trade up to the ZenFone 8 as soon as it's available but I really need to know if this is going to happen on the zen 8 as well,so is it an Asus A11 bug or just a zen 7 bug
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Ok thanks to Skipwoof I have discovered that uninstalling the calendar app updates fixes the problem but unfortunately updating it again just beings the bug back .
He also pointed out that it isn't a problem on other A11 phones like Nokia so not sure what is actually going on. It's a pity because I like to keep all apps updated but I really like getting notifications for reminders so I guess I will just have to live with it unupdated .
Special thanks to Skipwoof

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Roystoys
Zen Master III
No it's not actually,I am getting notifications from All three of my email accounts and infact all others , except for notifications from my calendar regarding reminders I set. So getting that out of the way and getting back to my problem does anyone know how to enable the reminder notifications again or what setting I should tweek. Or has this just been changed on A11 Compared to A10 which is fine but I really just need to know
Any helpful response gratefully accepted
fear_dot_com_2000

This is a duplicate post if this discussion:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47264/a11-major-problems-with-gmail-notifications#latest

View post

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Roystoys

No it's not actually,I am getting notifications from All three of my email accounts and infact all others , except for notifications from my calendar regarding reminders I set. So getting that out of the way and getting back to my problem does anyone know how to enable the reminder notifications again or what setting I should tweek. Or has this just been changed on A11 Compared to A10 which is fine but I really just need to know

Any helpful response gratefully accepted

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165460#Comment_165460

View post
What does it say when you long-press your calendar app then press app info -> notifications?
Have you also checked all the settings inside your calendar app?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165511#Comment_165511

What does it say when you long-press your calendar app then press app info -> notifications?

Have you also checked all the settings inside your calendar app?

View post
Ok when I long tap the calendar app I see 3 notifications per day permissions,calander, location, phone plus some irrelevant stuff . What I don't understand is why I don't get notifications for reminders anymore but I do for tasks and goals