This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now time has come, #nomorerog

jogeshvilluri
Rising Star I
No more rog phones suggested , no wifi calling feature for most networks, no security updates, no software updates, no self service centers, nothing but a fake gaming experience , take a bow asus for you software team, just showing some specs with two triggers and faking all other things, we could compare it with cheaper companies who are doing much better than asus, but i wont , i thought its reputation of laptops did carried through these gaming phones but they are using the gaming laptops reputation to get their days passed , but surely it will be the end of the era of rog phones if they continue treating the customers the same manner, no matter what brand you may be , you need the trust of customers,, orelse just go shut down your factory,
No official cases available for rog2 yet, after these many years , joke? Thats it no more rog #nomorerog will be trending in future
@CH_ASUS

65 REPLIES 65

ronald1985
Community Legend I
India220

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164984#Comment_164984

Open any thread, you are always ready to make comments on issues posted by users as a Asus spokesperson. ARE YOU GETTING SOMETHING FREE ?? Please let's me know, we will join the Asus brigade.

View post
Nope, I don't.
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164928#Comment_164928

You read that 1st paragraph yourself. It's real fanboy moment.

I can list many brands, even asus's own laptop division having better documented device support plan.

Also I guess infinixes, xolos and tecnos are really investing 1-1.5 years to get voWiFi working technically and "contractually" with Airtel for their 5-10k INR phones. That too before the phone launches mostly. And here we have asus who is half baking and releasing it in 2021 for a phone which was planned since 2019, and Costs like 5-10times more.

"I don't know whether you work or not or just a student or maybe retired, I'm sure you know project work don't go to plan." : I mean you can check who is active how much on this forum. Who is mindlessly defending some brand in every single thread, and you will know who is working and who is not.

Okay The C?

Lets get some lessons shall we?

Mostly, in general, while in SDLC we have sprints planned. We have pipelines and workflows through which product in question, wiz say firmware, gets worked and examined by various stakeholders, BAs, Architects, Devs, QAs, Testers etc.

All sprints have either bugs/epics/user stories, though considering asus's track record on rog 2, we only have bugs, and few epics/featues like voWiFi.

In each sprint, bugs and epics get added. Ideally these should be finished by the end of each sprint.

By finished I mean go through that whole pipeline, from BA to Testers. After which it would get released as an OTA update.

This closes old sprint and starts a new one.

Issue with asus is many bugs and epics/features are pending and delayed across multiple sprints. Though I can't predict but a Sprint for Asus could be something like 'Bimonthly', a period between 2 OTAs.

And yet, bugs reported in one sprint get fixed in 2-3th sprint. To what it's worth, it gets identified in the same og sprint (As anders and other guys revert in PM).

Missing sprint targets repeatedly is such terrible software development industry. People loose jobs because of it.

Now your argument: "they need testing time". Okay but being in pipeline, testing comes under a sprint itself. So it should adehere to the same deadlines. If it's not possible? Generally Project managers allocate more resources to such issues.

Also I don see asus running UAT too. I have found many bugs which are claimed to be fixed in OTA changelog but in reality they aren't fixed yet. We had to rereport them. So much months long test huh?😂

(I heard there are like 1 or at most 3 guys working as testers for rog 2🤦‍♂️).

Also delays due to holidays?

In all major enterprises, everything is planned ahead of the time. At least you hire that much competent product managers. Sprints are paced around major holidays so that there are no unnecessary delays. But here we got update delayed by more than a month and a half. It almost sneaked 2 sprints for a release.

Fact: Asus's development team to it very core must be missing sprint goals consistently, you can't ignore that.

Be how much complicated product be, you as a product owner had all the information and data exposed to you before hand, you set release cycle to 2 months, there by already giving 2-3times longer sprint duration than industry normal. Plus you have all the resources at your disposal to get those goals met in defined deadlines.

Not able to do it is just plain incompetent product management.

School is over, bye bye.

View post
Only about software development life cycle, but nothing on "C" as in the language.
For you, you might not care about the accessories or the "gaming features" the gamers want. If that doesn't tell you anything compared to other phones, I don't know what will.
You might as well say Apples and Oranges are the same. It is fruit, same thing. Doh!

ImShrey
Rising Star II

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165433#Comment_165433

Nope, I don't.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165438#Comment_165438

Only about software development cycles, but nothing on "C" as in the language. Keep you thinking though as to why sprint don't always work even if they are solid goals:

• Where's the time in reproducing the issue that's being provided by users? Sprint can only commence if all requirements are defined;
  • Where's the time for Google to approve the firmware? This is not part of a sprint.
  • If reliant on other vendors like Airtel, where do their testing time come from and I am sure it would be more than 3 people because the size of India isn't small?
  • Why are you comparing laptop updates (Windows Update) to phone updates?
  • Agile methodologies doesn't mean 100% success rates. It's a constant loop of releases and feedbacks.
  • You mentioned UAT, alright, have you provided your full phone settings? Android Logs don't show that information. If not, how are they going to do UAT? Infact, UAT is just you feeding back to moderators here to the devlopers and etc.

(Seriously, you don't need to answer the above because I know what you know.)

As for Airtel, you didn't understand neither because you're thinking it's a switch to turn on. ASUS might be late for the party in getting VOLTE/VOWIFI/VITE working - but hey you still brought the phone knowing very well that is the case. It's amazing what research can do 😉 But to put it in simple terms, the functionality is there, just not with Airtel.

Take it easy though, don't want to ruin this thread by talking about what you know on software development cycles. My question was just a yes or no answer.

View post
Circumstantial stuff. All of the 3rd party blockers ate estimated before hand. Perhaps way before product is released for first time. So that you have defined timeline for them.

Again I don't see any reason as to simple things getting delayed bfor 18 months, you say whatever you want but voWiFi on Airtel is not some edge case. It's a fundamental feature.

Yeah so where is that system for UAT? People arr sending in the logs for bugs that were said to be 'fixed'. Either its faulty UAT or incompetent Testing. You decide. Dec 2020 update mentioned BT issue was fixed, but it was actually fixed in last month's OTA.

"you bought the phone knowing it didn't had voWiFi": Plain old victim blaming. Let me know how one was suppose to get info if asus had voWiFi for airtel? No info in product specs. If somehow you knew it didn't had, one would assume they would add it later considering its such trivial thing for such a device. Now was there any press release/statement stating otherwise? It was in conclusive as is the case with android updates (major ones), lack of transparency.
I was talking about this when I compared other brands and asus's laptop division. I didn't said anything about windows update, read better mate.
Many firmware flaws, that infamous bug in asus software update utility were handled with great transparency. Proper statements and etas. Nothing like that here. Just misguiding statements like "as and when ready".

Its comic how from "Bimonthly" asus moved to "as and when ready". They had publically commited to Bimonthly updates.

And C?
char victim[] = "zentalk user complaining about genuine issue";
char *blame = &victim;
//Points blame to a victim 🤦‍♂️😂😂

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165442#Comment_165442

Circumstantial stuff. All of the 3rd party blockers ate estimated before hand. Perhaps way before product is released for first time. So that you have defined timeline for them.

Again I don't see any reason as to simple things getting delayed bfor 18 months, you say whatever you want but voWiFi on Airtel is not some edge case. It's a fundamental feature.

Yeah so where is that system for UAT? People arr sending in the logs for bugs that were said to be 'fixed'. Either its faulty UAT or incompetent Testing. You decide. Dec 2020 update mentioned BT issue was fixed, but it was actually fixed in last month's OTA.

"you bought the phone knowing it didn't had voWiFi": Plain old victim blaming. Let me know how one was suppose to get info if asus had voWiFi for airtel? No info in product specs. If somehow you knew it didn't had, one would assume they would add it later considering its such trivial thing for such a device. Now was there any press release/statement stating otherwise? It was in conclusive as is the case with android updates (major ones), lack of transparency.

I was talking about this when I compared other brands and asus's laptop division. I didn't said anything about windows update, read better mate.

Many firmware flaws, that infamous bug in asus software update utility were handled with great transparency. Proper statements and etas. Nothing like that here. Just misguiding statements like "as and when ready".

Its comic how from "Bimonthly" asus moved to "as and when ready". They had publically commited to Bimonthly updates.

And C?

char victim[] = "zentalk user complaining about genuine issue";

char *blame = &victim;

//Points blame to a victim 🤦‍♂️😂😂

View post
Yes or no, you cannot answer to the "C" question. I rest my case. Anyone could of searched on Google and find their answers and pretend to know. If you did know, you won't be complaining as you are now and most of all, software development cycles won't have been mentioned.
As for UAT, clearly you haven't given them the full phone settings because phone issues can occur at different settings. Like I have said, you won't find your phone settings in the logs. Perhaps it was tested in a scenerio but happened in another.
Yeah, you still not getting the point. The VOLTE features for Airtel is ready on the phone just like any other carriers. Field testing is what takes ages because it would be the first time and you need to travel around the country to ensure proper signals. IF this was important for you, yes you could of looked it up on compatible devices list before buying.
You are not understanding the difference between laptops and phones updates, assuming you are talking about updates. Laptop gets Windows update, not manufacture updates *sigh* phones get manufacturer updates.
Should Asus roll out the red carpet for you when the fixes are done? I heard about the biomonthly updates, but never seen it communicated formally on media or press releases, but that doesn't mean it is official and something that is contractual, otherwise your lawsuit would of worked. Also, there is 2 new generations of ROG phones ahead of ROG 2, so using your software development lifecycle explanation, the updates would would decrease over time as it is considered a major/epic release. I had an issue, that was fixed in the next update, now please don't tell me Asus don't fix anything and it is been many months. So you tell me, who is playing the victims game?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Just for you @ImShrey
Airtel VoLTE - Voice Over LTE Services Works on Airtel 4GI am not from India and it was an easy find.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
screenshot-20210505-130758167.jpg
O_o
Only the base variant is selling now btw pro and ultimate will release later probably (they are listed currently in flipkart as coming soon)