Star I
System: 20GB Ram 1tb ssd 2tb hdd
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook A15 F512J
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: not/yet
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am removing windows and installing linux opensuse for a USB boot. I can not get access to the ssd drive. It does not show up and when I probe around with folders I found I do not have permission to access it. I need to scrub my notebook and have access to ssd and hdd drives to install linux. How to I get acces sto my ssd drive?
20 REPLIES 20

rherbert
Star I
Your help, by the way, is much appreciated and accurate. But, I seem to have confused our discussion a bit. I can handle Linux installs and customizing, which I do regularly. It is gaining access to my ssd drive on my Asus Vivobook 15 that is a problem. How do I erase/format my ssd drive to gain ownership so that I can install Linux?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165257#Comment_165257

boot with bootable windows OS pendrive , click repair your computer , go to command prompt,

type diskpart and enter,

list disk

select disk 0 say ( select disk 0 ) only if you have only ssd

clean

see below site how to use diskpart tool

How to Use DiskPart to Clean and Format a Drive on Windows 10 (makeuseof.com)

View post
once completed cleaning, ssd is completly formatted without partitions , it comes as new ssd, shutdown the laptop, remove windows pendrive.
insert linux bootable pendrive .install linux on ssd

rherbert
Star I
Appreciate Raju.

rherbert
Star I
Diskpart did not work. I cleaned both C: (ssd) and 😧 (hdd) [which were drives 1 and 0 respectively] and then went in to check with a pendrive of fedora containing disk utilities. 😧 (DATA[HDD]) was quick formatted but C: was still named "Computer" and has Windows OS installed, plus I had not permission to root.
What else?

rherbert
Star I
Now I cannot go into the windows installation with 😧 having been formatted.