White line

rimsv77
Rising Star II

screenshot-20210430-125246561-2.jpg
Hello, could it be turned off? Thank you
26 REPLIES 26

firasswat82
Rising Star I
They hanged the line below the screen for no use at all, or even when writing we see how high the keyboard is because of this line @ Can the company send an update to cancel this tape or make it optional
screenshot-20210502-230844258-7e2-2.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
firasswat82

They hanged the line below the screen for no use at all, or even when writing we see how high the keyboard is because of this line @ Can the company send an update to cancel this tape or make it optional

screenshot-20210502-230844258-7e2-2.jpg

View post
It's not because of the line. This space is needed to not activate the home gesture every time you press the spacebar.
And the line is there because of a reason. If your phones orientation locks, then this line will show you from which side you should swipe.

rimsv77
Rising Star II
good reason...:-) still please shut down. Or give a choice

firasswat82
Rising Star I
Before I owned an Asus phone, I had a Huawei phone, or when I activated gesture navigation, this font disappears forever and the typing keyboard drops to the bottom of the phone completely without any problems

CVonC
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165053#Comment_165053

It's not because of the line. This space is needed to not activate the home gesture every time you press the spacebar.

And the line is there because of a reason. If your phones orientation locks, then this line will show you from which side you should swipe.

View post
It's still pointless cos the only way to get back to the homescreen even with the spacebar there is with a swipe up gesture from the bottom. It's not like a user will ever accidentally swipe up from the bottom (or on the spacebar) while typing.

As for orientation, what do you mean? The gesture is still to swipe from the bottom. So if you're on landscape, you still have to swipe up from the physically longer edge of the phone as that is now the bottom. Why would a user need a visual indication of which is the bottom?