This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ASUS Rog Phone 3 Strix Edition

Good day, everyone!
I've been looking into this phone for a while and I'm planning to buy it by the end of the week specifically for it's great performance and power in games. However, the phone comes into 2 editions:
one with 8 RAM and Snapdragon 865
the other with 12 RAM and Snapdragon 865 Plus Considering the fact that the rest of the specs are the same in both versions, I'm curious to know if there's that much of a major difference in buying the first edition rather than the latter. I'm curious what you guys are thinking.
Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Roystoys
Zen Master III
mayankverma0548

Good day, everyone!

I've been looking into this phone for a while and I'm planning to buy it by the end of the week specifically for it's great performance and power in games. However, the phone comes into 2 editions:

• one with 8 RAM and Snapdragon 865
  • the other with 12 RAM and Snapdragon 865 Plus Considering the fact that the rest of the specs are the same in both versions, I'm curious to know if there's that much of a major difference in buying the first edition rather than the latter. I'm curious what you guys are thinking.

Thank you in advance!

How much RAM do you need? Personally I have never used more than 5.2( approx) gig of RAM as far as the difference between the 865&865 plus I don't really know what the difference would be but when I purchased one when they were first released, the price difference was about$500 au so I got the cheaper one. Beware that it's not a CH version flashed with a global ROM because you will not get FOTA updates, you will have to check from time to time and update it manually,if your good with that then it shouldn't be a problem

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mayankverma0548,
In India, there is only 2 variant which is RAM/Storage configuration change. The SOC - 865 Plus remains constant. There is no Strix variant in India.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mayankverma0548

Good day, everyone!

• one with 8 RAM and Snapdragon 865
  • the other with 12 RAM and Snapdragon 865 Plus Considering the fact that the rest of the specs are the same in both versions, I'm curious to know if there's that much of a major difference in buying the first edition rather than the latter. I'm curious what you guys are thinking.

Thank you in advance!

In addition, when you buy the phone, ensure it doesnt say Tencent device with International or WW rom.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I purchase my Asus phones in Australia where they don't really support/ sell phones but being the 21 century you can Shop anywhere online and get exactly what combination of ram,rom that suits you. Having said that be sure that the seller,be it via eBay, Amazon, or whoever, supplies you with a warranty of sorts,apart from the warranty you get from Asus.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect here but my understanding is if you buy a factory sealed box ( so when you get the device it is still in the original cellophane packaging) regardless of where you purchased it from and where in the world you live Asus SHOULD provide you with a factory warranty as well.
Beware of online sellers that state, the box may/ will be opened just to check if it is in working order. This is usually a crock of UNO what.There is no reason for a seller to open a sealed device other than to flash it with their ''global rom ''
Be careful out there it's a lot of Cash you are about to lay out 😉