Rising Star II
Model Name: ZS671KS
Firmware Version: WW_30.40.30.96
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Each time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ASUS Gallery
========================================
Dear Asus team,
Advanced "System albums" feature of Asus Gallery, like "Faces", "Places" etc (my translation may be incorrect, I use Russian interface language) are cool, but there is one issue - this mechanism indexes all possible pictures on phone, including Whatsapp images, Telegram photos, other folders, which contain photos and videos. And this is not a good option, I don't want some photos to be indexed and presented in this smart albums.
Could you please suggest implementing feature like Google Photo has:
by default Gallery will act like now
in Gallery setting allow user to select folders, where to look for photos/videos and leave option to look only inside DCIM folder
For me that would be really good option. Now I just have to turn off this smart folders with photos.
6 REPLIES 6

CVonC
Rising Star II
Can't you just add a .nomedia file in the folder of whatever you don't want indexed?

topolov
Rising Star II
cvonv

Can't you just add a .nomedia file in the folder of whatever you don't want indexed?

View post
Can't you read what I'm asking for? I didn't asked to hide certain folders from gallery itself. I asked to hide folders from System Albums. Google photos has that feature, so it's quite feasible.

topolov
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Hi. Did I write it in correct forum or it is useless to wait some answer here?

CVonC
Rising Star II
topolov

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164656#Comment_164656

Can't you read what I'm asking for? I didn't asked to hide certain folders from gallery itself. I asked to hide folders from System Albums. Google photos has that feature, so it's quite feasible.

View post
So you don't want WhatsApp photos to be included in the People, Location, Scenes, etc yet still be visible in the gallery under its own folder?