This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 display fully calibrated, no more color banding, black crush or red tint at any setting

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So after some of you may have seen my "colorbanding defeated" topic, I have cleared the color banding issue and the next ones where fixing black crush (not pixalation, but dark scenes being so dark you cannot see anything) on very low brightness level and red tint, today I've finally done it. Finetuned everything to absolute perfection, the panel achieves lower brightness level even compared to other phones such as Samsung S21, Oneplus 9 pro, Sony Xperia II without losing any details to crushed blacks. Even at "0%" brightness, no red tint is visible on any videos, no matter how dark they are.
Now how was this achieved?!
As already mentioned from the very beginning when I first started the journey, this solution did require a dynamic solution. It's simply not enough to just have 1 calibration profile and hope it would work, you do need multiple profiles based on the brightnes for the panel in order to fix the panel completely. This is the first phone to my knowledge that does not suffer from any type of tint without minimum brightness being extremely high or IPS panel (after fix), most phones have green tint such as oneplus, samsung, Iphone and currently stock Rog3 has red tint. So far manufactuers have been trying to fix the tinting by upping the minimum brightness so that the screen cannot go low enough to have noticable tint, which I find a bad solution especially for a person like me who is quite sensitive to light.
To all who already have my solution, you know where the find the update 🙂
I hope the ASUS devs will also implement dynamic profiling on the rog3 screen as well, there is such an incredible potential. I also hope that other manufacturers will finally start doing the same, it's so sad to see so many great panels being under utilized because of nobody being bothered to handle it correcly.
I will derp a little more trying to see how low I can get brightness wise until it becomes impossible to not have black crush, after that I'll show you guys the incredible results ^.^

104 REPLIES 104

jerquait
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164570#Comment_164570

The only reason he cant tell you how to install his custom kernel is that mods clearly told him not to do it and that against the community rules so none of us can break it , but i can give you a hint , just any me or danish in any other platforms and dm any one of us thats all i can help you in this platform , we go by the same name thier so you can gine us easily

You can find us on platform where the is rog community group

Meet us there and will be happy to help you

View post
tahamalik42@gmail.com..plz contact me ..unable to find you..

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
jerquait

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164590#Comment_164590

tahamalik42@gmail.com..plz contact me ..unable to find you..

View post
Sorry brother but our hands are tied and i cant contact you , only you have to contact us
What you are asking is for custom kernel which will require you to unlock your bootloader which has to be done by asus official app and will wipe your data so do backup and just incaae you haven't familiar with this stuff , yoour warranty will be void and you wont recieve future OTA but they are easy to install manually , do know the facts before unlocking bootloader , if you decide to unlock , just try harder and you will find me in some platform

himverma2012
Rising Star II
Got 4th beta update as of yesterday. Developers still haven't integrated the fix in the kernel. Moreover, the latest update has messed up the display while fixing the haptic feedback & a few other things.
Why can't they apply the fix already? 🤔😓

jerquait
Star III
himverma2012

Got 4th beta update as of yesterday. Developers still haven't integrated the fix in the kernel. Moreover, the latest update has messed up the display while fixing the haptic feedback & a few other things.

View post
himverma2012

View post
Beleive me or not asus doesn't care about customers and they are not working on fix.. They don't even accept there is black crush issue in rog 3.. Their main priority is rog 5 now... People like danish are very optimistic towards asus... It's already been less than a year and they haven't done anything.. If they cared and wanted then they should have fixed this long before ..

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
jerquait

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164622#Comment_164622

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164622#Comment_164622

Beleive me or not asus doesn't care about customers and they are not working on fix.. They don't even accept there is black crush issue in rog 3.. Their main priority is rog 5 now... People like danish are very optimistic towards asus... It's already been less than a year and they haven't done anything.. If they cared and wanted then they should have fixed this long before ..

View post
Yup i agree, asus dont care and thing is oneplus and samsung devices are also doing same to thier customer , all are just making money 😌