This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] IMP Bugs With Latest .123 Firmware Version & Pending Issues Yet To Be Fixed Also User Requests.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: ZS620KL
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.123
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System bugs
Bugs/issues :-
(Microsoft Teams) Teams app used for video meeting for hours than system miscalculates the app usage time. this issue only happens with microsoft teams app everytime. There is no problem with other apps usage time this problem leads to wrong information of battery Stats. Started to Occur after latest .123 firmware. (few screenshots) 👇
screenshot-20210331-131634796.jpg
screenshot-20210331-111020837.jpg

(Securtiy) App lock bug (Reported since. 99 firmware version) its almost 8 months & not fixed.(This requires instant fix as its related to security of device)
Please follow this steps👇
Lock settings app>than open info of any app by long press on that app pressing (i) > pull down notification panel and tap on settings icon.
This will bypass settings app lock pattern and take you to settings.
Here is short screen recording of it for your help👇
Screen pinning bug👇 (Reported since 8/ more months and not yet fixed)
The problem is that upper quick toggles can still be used for turning ON or OFF any option from quick toggles menu in background of screen pinned
Example :- If m watching any screen pinned app and if i try to turn on flashlight or any option like wifi or mobile data from quick toggles than it can be done in background of screen pinned
(while i believe background activity should be totally off while screen pin is ON ) please see screen recorded video n fix this👇
Double tap to wake up not working (Many users started reporting this problem after latest jan patch .123 firmware version.
Happens if device is kept idle for long time or is on a single page doing anything for long minutes/hours Double tap misbehaves.
Charging Bug lock screen shows charged while settings battery page shows charging even if its 100% charged with Green LED light up I have already created a thread for it and still not fixed please take a look into👇
AmitGarde
  1. Model Name: ZS620KL
  2. Firmware Version:100.10.107.110
  3. Rooted or not:Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): while On charge

My phone was on charge i saw Green LED glowing so i tried to see if its done with charging when i press power key i saw that lockscreen shows device is charged but than i tried to see battery page at same time and it was still showing charging.

So now is this a bug? Lock screen showing battery charged device shows Green LED but battery page shows device is charging. So now i wonder Is battery actually fully charged??

Here are some screenshots of that time 👇

Lock screen showing device is charged also upper battery icon has no charging sign in it.

screenshot-20210313-210705343.jpg

Battery page showing device is charging. 👇

screenshot-20210313-210719712.jpg

I wonder If battery is actually fully charged??

Battery mode is on Balance mode.

If this is a bug please look into it. Fix this as early as possible

Thanks! @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @victor0_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

{5z} While Charging at 100% & Green LED,Lockscreen & battery page shows diffrent on charge behaviour

Requests with future FOTA:-
Enable BSNL Volte. (Basic Required Feature)
Enable AIRTEL Vo-Wifi (Basic Required Feature)
IF POSSIBLE:-
ZenuI 7 on top of Android 10/Android 11 on top of ZenuI 6 (Users Hopes are still ON)
I hope all the issues will be addressed before Asus gives up on 5z as a flagship.
Thanks😊
@Anders_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Dominik_ASUS @DrAlex_ASUS @Kris@Kris_ASUS @gabriel_prado
18 REPLIES 18

yogSH
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi AmitGarde & all friends

Thank you for your reply. Kindly check the reply as below

"Teams" Battery usage:

If the issue only occur in any specific app, please report the issue to app developer.

Kindly check Google Play> Microsoft Teams

AppLock on "Settings":

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. If you still have any concern, please visit Google Play store and check for AppLock related apps. Thank you.

Screen Pinning:

After check with the relevant team, please turn off "Double tap to suspend" to avoid triggering quick toggles usage during Screen Pinning. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Battery page shows "Charging" in 100%:

After check with the relevant team, please note that the interface behavior of "showing Charging after charged to 100%" will not disturb normal usage behavior.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

View post
This answer deserves a BIG LOL 😂
If your Asus phone has bugs and isn't working then buy some other brand phone. Believe me it won't disturb normal usage pattern 🤣🤣

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163116#Comment_163116

This is very annoying bug, which i am able to see since so long now even i have factory reset my device and it still exists. We are unable to use power master options at its full fledge. Yes you are right everytime we dissconnect the charging cable/connection,System will automatically switch to "power saving mode" instead of "balance mode" and most of the times i have observed is,this happens so quick mostly after we use smart switch options. And even sometimes after a long day usage on "balance mode" if we check back again the very next day then battery has already changed itself to power saving mode again i dont know what is the reason here. But yes this effects the notifications of few apps but for me some apps notifications work and some doesnt.

Thanks for highlighting the issue i guess there are all 5z users who face this issue daily but havent noticed it yet...

Power master is a daily used app which makes lots of diffrence in performance and battery usage of a device and hence this issue should be fixed.

@Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Thanks!

View post
@Christine_ASUS did you verify this "power saving mode" bug? It is easy to generate after using smart switch options from "battery modes" in "powermaster"

Deannnnn
Rising Star I
The support of 5z coming to the end. If the bug was reported half an year ago, there may have chance to mods and devs to fix. But if a bug is found 2.5 years after the device rolled out, I’m not sure we can call it an major issue. Hope you get your fix ! 🤞🏻

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Deannnnn

The support of 5z coming to the end. If the bug was reported half an year ago, there may have chance to mods and devs to fix. But if a bug is found 2.5 years after the device rolled out, I’m not sure we can call it an major issue. Hope you get your fix ! 🤞🏻

View post
But why dont you think the other way that even after 2.5 years of a device, system still holds a bug which are very basic functions of device this shows how developers work on older models weather its flagship or midranger doesnt matter. 😅 and above all reported bugs are reported since 8-9 months and there is no fix yet as ASUS was buzy working with there new models and old models only got security patches and slower unknown bug fixes and that is reason Zenfone 5z still has a buggy system.
There is huge diffrence between quality updates and updates just for the sake of support extension (i.e. Security patches).
Note for you:- Also you should note that active Support for Zenfone 5z is not just coming to an end, but it has alredy been ended. and now only pasive support is On which will be like there is no any timeline for future update for this device but i am internally discussing regarding all these bugs and yes i have got answer they might consider future update depending on what security issue or stability issue that bug causes the system.
Also i guess you should take a look at my profile you will get every answer that what is my contribution for Zenfone 5z trying to make it as stable as it can since its launch.
Common we own a flagship so its obvious we can expect a much stable system at this very end after 2.5 years.
Thanks!