This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 display fully calibrated, no more color banding, black crush or red tint at any setting

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So after some of you may have seen my "colorbanding defeated" topic, I have cleared the color banding issue and the next ones where fixing black crush (not pixalation, but dark scenes being so dark you cannot see anything) on very low brightness level and red tint, today I've finally done it. Finetuned everything to absolute perfection, the panel achieves lower brightness level even compared to other phones such as Samsung S21, Oneplus 9 pro, Sony Xperia II without losing any details to crushed blacks. Even at "0%" brightness, no red tint is visible on any videos, no matter how dark they are.
Now how was this achieved?!
As already mentioned from the very beginning when I first started the journey, this solution did require a dynamic solution. It's simply not enough to just have 1 calibration profile and hope it would work, you do need multiple profiles based on the brightnes for the panel in order to fix the panel completely. This is the first phone to my knowledge that does not suffer from any type of tint without minimum brightness being extremely high or IPS panel (after fix), most phones have green tint such as oneplus, samsung, Iphone and currently stock Rog3 has red tint. So far manufactuers have been trying to fix the tinting by upping the minimum brightness so that the screen cannot go low enough to have noticable tint, which I find a bad solution especially for a person like me who is quite sensitive to light.
To all who already have my solution, you know where the find the update 🙂
I hope the ASUS devs will also implement dynamic profiling on the rog3 screen as well, there is such an incredible potential. I also hope that other manufacturers will finally start doing the same, it's so sad to see so many great panels being under utilized because of nobody being bothered to handle it correcly.
I will derp a little more trying to see how low I can get brightness wise until it becomes impossible to not have black crush, after that I'll show you guys the incredible results ^.^

104 REPLIES 104

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
jerquait

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164536#Comment_164536

Ohh I read his msg in hurry so I misinterpreted it...😄.... So Iam not that rich and generous to give my device for free.

View post
I guessed it that you read it wrong and i was just trolling and i m not that rich too so just like you feel it buying the device with bad colours i felt that too and you can ask the active users and they will tell you than i reacted the same way but i knew that there is nothing we can do about it so i let it go though there is a way by unlocking and i did it but i dont count it as an option so harsh but truth is there is nothing we can do about it and i enjoy my device only becoz of danish kernel but i also wont suggest anyone to ever buy any asus device especially rog series becoz they are just bad in one way or other , rog 3 is the best of the series but screen messed it up too
And as i said before water under the bridge 😃

jerquait
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164544#Comment_164544

I guessed it that you read it wrong and i was just trolling and i m not that rich too so just like you feel it buying the device with bad colours i felt that too and you can ask the active users and they will tell you than i reacted the same way but i knew that there is nothing we can do about it so i let it go though there is a way by unlocking and i did it but i dont count it as an option so harsh but truth is there is nothing we can do about it and i enjoy my device only becoz of danish kernel but i also wont suggest anyone to ever buy any asus device especially rog series becoz they are just bad in one way or other , rog 3 is the best of the series but screen messed it up too

And as i said before water under the bridge 😃

View post
How did you correct the screen.. I don't know how to root and correct kernels....is there any easy way..??

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jerquait

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164546#Comment_164546

How did you correct the screen.. I don't know how to root and correct kernels....is there any easy way..??

View post
@Saifuddin isnt allowed to do that on this platform as it's against the rules. As for answering your question, currently my kernel is the only way to have the screen "fixed". So as it stands right now the only way to have your screen calibrated is to get my solution on your phone, but then again you wanted to sell it and cry alot instead, so I suggest you do that.

jerquait
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164548#Comment_164548

@Saifuddin isnt allowed to do that on this platform as it's against the rules. As for answering your question, currently my kernel is the only way to have the screen "fixed". So as it stands right now the only way to have your screen calibrated is to get my solution on your phone, but then again you wanted to sell it and cry alot instead, so I suggest you do that.

View post
No body is buying this phone from me...and I don't know even if you tell me how to correct it I would b able to do it

Saifuddin
Zen Master III

jerquait

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164550#Comment_164550

No body is buying this phone from me...and I don't know even if you tell me how to correct it I would b able to do it

View post
The only reason he cant tell you how to install his custom kernel is that mods clearly told him not to do it and that against the community rules so none of us can break it , but i can give you a hint , just any me or danish in any other platforms and dm any one of us thats all i can help you in this platform , we go by the same name thier so you can gine us easily
You can find us on platform where the is rog community group
Meet us there and will be happy to help you