System: ProArt Studiobook 15" H500GV
Battery or AC: AC
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Just received the new laptop and need to replace the 2x 512GB SSD's setup as ROADI 0, with a single 4TB drive.
Ran through the cloning using Acronics (cloned the striped drives to the single SSD via USB), but when I removed the 2 SSD's and installed just the new one, I got a Windows Stop Code error on boot.
"Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE"
Apparently no way to recover this.
Any tips or suggestions how to accomplish this, or should I just do a new fresh install onto the 4TB drive?
6 REPLIES 6

MadDogDean
Star I
The laptop came preinstalled with the 2drives in a RAID 0 array - Asus made the decision not me. It is 2x 512GB drives, but show to Windows as a single 1TB drive.
That's why I am replacing these two 512GB SSd with a single 4TB drive.
The UEFI partition was also cloned. Acronis did an excellent job in replicating the drives perfectly on the single 4TB including the UEFI and the Recovery partitions. When Windows booted it just didn't like the setup and gave me the (rather unhelpful) "Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" message.
By the way, thanks for your help so far 🙂

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
MadDogDean

The laptop came preinstalled with the 2drives in a RAID 0 array - Asus made the decision not me. It is 2x 512GB drives, but show to Windows as a single 1TB drive.

That's why I am replacing these two 512GB SSd with a single 4TB drive.

The UEFI partition was also cloned. Acronis did an excellent job in replicating the drives perfectly on the single 4TB including the UEFI and the Recovery partitions. When Windows booted it just didn't like the setup and gave me the (rather unhelpful) "Stop Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" message.

By the way, thanks for your help so far 🙂

View post
disable Driver verifier by command prompt.
if possible , change RAID to ACHI mode under sata configuration under BIOS