Rifqi1209
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 4 max
Firmware Version: WW-15.2016.1809.412
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
win-20210426-133341-jpg.jpg
I have done recovery mode, factory reset, but my smartphone still restarts. Previously I updated the system manually from version WW-14.2016.1711.215 to version WW-14.2016.1807.237 running smoothly but when the WW-15.2016.1809.412 update version occurred the problem I mentioned earlier

3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Rifqi1209
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
A. Does the issue appear right after the system update?

B. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
[ZenFone] How to do hardware reset on your phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global**Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global
C. Please put the WW-15.2016.1809.412 file into microSD card and try to re-flash the system again.
ZenFone4 Max (ZC554KL) - SupportInsert MicroSD card into phone and then power off the device> follow aforementioned steps to enter [Android Recovery] Screen> Choose "Apply update from external storage"> Select the downgrade file> When the updating process is done, Choose "Wipe data/factory reset" and tap "Yes" to perform the master clear> "Wipe cache partition" > "Yes"> "Reboot system now" 

If the issue still remain, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try CallUs: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
**Please backup before you submitted to the repair center.

Rifqi1209
Star I
yes after update. I've done it but it's the same

Rifqi1209
Star I
Previously I did it because the speaker did not come out sound and when turning on the video, the video was still running but the video time did not work and there was no sound. it happened suddenly and was not hit by any impact. so I thought it was because of the android problem.