fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

teegee
Star III
Same issue here with Gmail and Calendar. Also Google's Clock app will not notify me when the timer is done... It just keeps counting in negative until I turn on the screen. It makes the phone borderline unusable. Asus, kindly address this.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
fear_dot_com_2000

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.

It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.

Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!

A11 major problems with Gmail notifications
gazuoot

I also have exactly the same problem, after update my Zenofone 7 Pro to A11 i don't receive any notification from Gmail, other apps work fine. I tryed to change battery optimization for Gmail, uinstaling updates but nothing helps :/. I receive notification only when i open Gmail. At this moment I don' have any idea how to fix this 😕

View post
tgergely.bme

Same issue here with Gmail and Calendar. Also Google's Clock app will not notify me when the timer is done... It just keeps counting in negative until I turn on the screen. It makes the phone borderline unusable. Asus, kindly address this.

View post
Ok, I will send a PM with log instructions to all of you

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
that's exactly what I was facing on A11 betas!! but I was the only one and they found nothing wrong in my logs 😞 ...I also disabled all possible battery savers etc (standby battery life is awesome, after night I lose about 2-3%), I disabled battery optimizations on tons of apps, I never enabled app hibernation, I run my device on performance mode but that didn't help
there were some other apps which were suffering from this (Aggregator RSS reader, Email.cz) but there were others which were delivering notifications on time (Viber, Messenger Lite, Signal for example), I found that it was very random, smth triggered that behaviour and since then I wasn't getting notifications from some apps, I tried switching networks, mobile data, DND mode etc and nothing helped, I always had to reboot to fix that and sometimes it was working fine for a few days but sometimes it stopped working after few minutes and I had to reboot my phone a few times per day
I also uninstalled all GPServices updates as I was updating that app manually (kind of weird, I know 🙂 ) ...so we can basically say I tried a lot of things but the issue was still there BUT I think it got fixed somehow as the last two updates I don't remember having that issue and believe me that I would immediately notice that as Aggregator app gives me notification almost every 15mins during the day

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Well, for me is not working. And apparently, for me only google apps suffer from this.(gmail, calendar). Restart does not help at all. Factory reset either. I think I have reset the phone more than 10 times since I got the A11 update... I am in verge of selling it since I use a lot of google aps, and without notification it is bad...btw I am in latest a11 and here I noticed the issue...and as I posted what I did works for gmail, but calendar app still does not send notifications...what it is even weirder...the calendar app sends notifications for tasks.... For any other type it does not send notifications ...

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
fear_dot_com_2000

Well, for me is not working. And apparently, for me only google apps suffer from this.(gmail, calendar). Restart does not help at all. Factory reset either. I think I have reset the phone more than 10 times since I got the A11 update... I am in verge of selling it since I use a lot of google aps, and without notification it is bad...btw I am in latest a11 and here I noticed the issue...and as I posted what I did works for gmail, but calendar app still does not send notifications...what it is even weirder...the calendar app sends notifications for tasks.... For any other type it does not send notifications ...

View post
go to settings => apps => Google Calendar and check its notifications settings, there are a few "categories", one is for tasks, another for events etc 😉 you may have it disabled