System: UX581GV
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
There is an issue with the ScreenPadPlus driver/software at startup. After restarting and/or signing out and back in to Windows account, the problem will occur (it seems to happen about 33% of the time). It is related to the "HID-compliant pen" and "HID-compliant touch-screen" devices in Device Manager. I see event logs related to AsusLibra.exe that I think are related to the problem:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ScreenPadMaster_2.1.13.0_x64__qmba6cd70vzyy\AsusLibra.exe with process id 6028 stopped the removal or ejection for the device HID\ELAN9009&Col06\5&8ebb0e5&0&0005.

Once the happens, you have to reboot Windows to make the notification go away.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Stephen,
Do you mean that there will be a notification pop up after you enter desktop, and the only way to make the notification disappear is to reboot the device?
May you share the notification screenshot?
And was there any update or modification before the issue start to occur?
Thank you.

realstephenbair
Star III
image.png
image.png
image.png

No update. This has always happened. It just took me a while to track down what devices were causing it. FWIW, I've tried disabling the devices in Device Manager, but they get re-enabled when this happens.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Stephen,
Have you tried to reinstall or update ASUS System control interface V2 and ScreenXpert?
Thank you.

realstephenbair
Star III
Yes, why yes I have.