This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device . error

Ihar1sh
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS 6Z
Firmware Version:WW-18.0610.2103.137
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Hotstar version 11.4.9
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi everytime i am watching downloaded videos on hotstar OTT Application it says error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device.please restart your device and try again (PL-1100)
after restarting it works for one video & when another video starts playing the error comes again please fix it ..

thanks
Harish

2 REPLIES 2

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Ihar1sh

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS 6Z
  2. Firmware Version:WW-18.0610.2103.137
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Hotstar version 11.4.9

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi everytime i am watching downloaded videos on hotstar OTT Application it says error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device.please restart your device and try again (PL-1100)

after restarting it works for one video & when another video starts playing the error comes again please fix it ..

thanks

Harish

error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device . error
Try to clear cache and storage of that OTT platform named hotstar by going to :-
Settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > hotstar > storage > clear data/clear storage /force stop >Now restart that app & login again.
If above steps did not help than please reinstall that app and check again.
Thanks!

Ihar1sh
Star III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47388/error-playing-this-content-due-to-media-services-being-...

Try to clear cache and storage of that OTT platform named hotstar by going to :-

Settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > hotstar > storage > clear data/clear storage /force stop >Now restart that app & login again.

If above steps did not help than please reinstall that app and check again.

Thanks!

View post
yeah thanks for reply
i found out the supposed fix from hotstar is clearing data & re-start the app which ultimately deletes the downloaded videos i was shocked to hear this response from their support but they don't have any other fix which is pathetic
i downloaded a full season of mayans in High Quality which is almost 2gb per episode & then experienced this
basically their fix is restarting application & try your luck if you still download after that 🙄🤧
lessons learned downloading is useless in Hotstar unlike Netflix