This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram on A11

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have noticed that since updating to A11 my ram usesge seems higher. I have 8 gig of ram and on A 10 it used to sit around 3/3.4 and if I used an app called,,fill full ram it would drop to 2.2/2.4 . Now it sits close to 5 and if I use the app I mentioned above it would drop to 2.2/2.4 Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something.

14 REPLIES 14

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

I have noticed that since updating to A11 my ram usesge seems higher. I have 8 gig of ram and on A 10 it used to sit around 3/3.4 and if I used an app called,,fill full ram it would drop to 2.2/2.4 . Now it sits close to 5 and if I use the app I mentioned above it would drop to 2.2/2.4 Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something.

Ram on A11
But the point is do you see any issues with app reloads and multi tasking in android 11?
If not then don't worry as @Tagion pointed out that free ram is basically wasted ram
I understand that you're comparing to A10 but if you don't have any issue with usage then it shouldn't be a problem
Asus even has stuff like optiflex in ui which keeps apps in memory to avoid frequent reloads
Some sort of ram is reserved as zram by phone for that purpose
Asus might've tweaked their memory management stuff in A11 just a possibility

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47303/ram-on-a11

But the point is do you see any issues with app reloads and multi tasking in android 11?

If not then don't worry as @Tagion pointed out that free ram is basically wasted ram

I understand that you're comparing to A10 but if you don't have any issue with usage then it shouldn't be a problem

Asus even has stuff like optiflex in ui which keeps apps in memory to avoid frequent reloads

Some sort of ram is reserved as zram by phone for that purpose

Asus might've tweaked their memory management stuff in A11 just a possibility

View post
No I don't don't have any issues infact A11 is one of the smoothest updates I have experienced I think the Tech guru's have outdone themselves. This post wasn't meant as a,, winge,or a question, just an observation and curious what other brothers and sisters on zen 7 A11 Think so a discussion I suppose but I understand what you are are saying and thanks for your input,I always appreciate your input as your one of the only people that managed to help this,old dog learn new tricks and when you pass 60 something it's hard to find people to take the time to walk us through shit that just comes naturally to you young folk . Your answer though explains it Asus may have indeed tweeked the memory management side of things. All good brother kindest regards Roy

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163900#Comment_163900

No I don't don't have any issues infact A11 is one of the smoothest updates I have experienced I think the Tech guru's have outdone themselves. This post wasn't meant as a,, winge,or a question, just an observation and curious what other brothers and sisters on zen 7 A11 Think so a discussion I suppose but I understand what you are are saying and thanks for your input,I always appreciate your input as your one of the only people that managed to help this,old dog learn new tricks and when you pass 60 something it's hard to find people to take the time to walk us through shit that just comes naturally to you young folk . Your answer though explains it Asus may have indeed twerked the memory management side of things. All good brother kindest regards Roy

View post
Glad to help 😄

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ram management is different in A11 VS A10. But it's not worse, just different. And how much free RAM you have is not important, so no need to worry 🙂

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

Ram management is different in A11 VS A10. But it's not worse, just different. And how much free RAM you have is not important, so no need to worry 🙂

View post
I wasn't worried I just noticed the difference I suppose and wanted to know if it was just my phone or not.
But yes I have noticed the difference and it's still as fast as it ever was so All good here 😉