This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Band Locking option

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
Hi guys can anybody here tell me how to lock 4G LTE band on ROG 3 without Root.
Earlier I was using LG thinQ Phone and it has a secret code to lock LTE band to band 3,5,40 or whatever desired bands without Root.
The Problem is I'm using JIO network and here at my location the internet speed is very horrible on LTE Band 3 and Band 40 and I used to lock my LG ThinQ on Band 3 and Band 5 and I was getting very good speed. But on the ROG 3 I'm not getting any solution to this and end up with a horrible Internet Speed.
I Request to the Asus Officials to look on this issue and come with a resolution. If I'm using a beast phone and the internet speed is bad then what is the benefit of buying a beast phone ?

7 REPLIES 7

ubersapian
Star III
Sorry for double posting .. mod please delete one if needed.

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
ubersapian

I know from android 11 beta you can access band settings via the *#*#4636#*#* code in the phone dialer

then in the 3 dot menu top right corner there is band settings option.

screenshot-20210415-143258227-1.jpg

screenshot-20210415-143306277.jpg

View post
Hi thanks for the information shared.
I can get to the same screen by Quick Shortcut maker app on A10 which you can easily get from playstore. However there is not enough option to select any specific band from 4G. Eg: band 3 or band 5 or band 40.
This can be easily fix by Asus through a OTA Update.

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Currently there is no way to do the same.

Its decided automatically by the firmware. Also, for network issue you check with the network provider if they can help on this.

View post
Hi it's been awhile and I didn't hear a favourable revert from you.
Can we get this option enabled in the next OTA ?
Can you please share this information with your Devs so they can implement this feature like other brand phones have in the next OTA