This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] ASUS Should Follow The Market Trend For Support Extensions of 3 Years On Zenfones.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Hi All,
As these days we all know Market is flooded with other brands announcing support for 3 years now
Recently brands having 3 or more than 3 year UPDATE support are :-
LG (3 YEARS)
NOKIA (3 YEARS)
SAMSUNG (4 YEARS)
ONEPLUS (3 YEARS)
SONY (3 YEARS FOR FLAGSHIP MODELS)
XAOMI, OPPO, VIVO, REALMI (2 Years major OS but 4 years UI updates)
Now its time for ASUS this year to break the boundaries almost all brands are in league of 3 year support.
We are still in a good hope that it will be announced at the launch event of Zenfone 8 series. @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Mister @Falcon_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @DrAlex_ASUS @Olivier_ASUS @Dominik_ASUS @victor0_ASUS
Asus must include below Zenfone devices for 3 year support Extensions :-
Zenfone 7/7pro (upto Android 13)
Zenfone 6 (upto Android 12)
Zenfone 5Z (upto Android 11)
And should continue same trend for future Zenfones.
Its really very kind request to you MODS please raise this topic to higher authorities and let ASUS do the needful for its very loyal users.
I wish someone is listening to us. 🙂
ANY POSITVE RESPONSE TO THIS FROM ASUS IS APPRECIATED.
This is definetly needed to improve brand value for customers from larger markets like India where Asus have skipped Zenfone 7/7pro so in my opinion these markets are core to success of brands, if those are captured.but asus backed off by focusing only on ROG devices in those Very important market.Where Gaming phones are not everyones cup of tea.
If ASUS is planning to make a comeback to larger markets like india with Zenfone lineup, than i personally feel it is more important to gain back peoples trust on Zenfones by providing good software support by following the trend with its older devices. Also Zenfone 5z & 6 are the only latest devices in those markets so i wish this trend should start From Zenfone 5z as a best sold flagship device with Larger user base than any other flagship for Asus, with very less user complains and problems.
Common ASUS break the silence and compete this trendy market and we as users personally feel ASUS has best hardware just what lacks behind is its software now comparing other OEMS & this Gap should be filled up starting this year.
Thankyou😊
22 REPLIES 22

maiya_raviraj
Star II
AmitGarde

Hi All,

As these days we all know Market is flooded with other brands announcing support for 3 years now

Recently brands having 3 or more than 3 year UPDATE support are :-

LG (3 YEARS)

NOKIA (3 YEARS)

SAMSUNG (4 YEARS)

ONEPLUS (3 YEARS)

SONY (3 YEARS FOR FLAGSHIP MODELS)

XAOMI, OPPO, VIVO, REALMI (2 Years major OS but 4 years UI updates)

Now its time for ASUS this year to break the boundaries almost all brands are in league of 3 year support.

We are still in a good hope that it will be announced at the launch event of Zenfone 8 series. @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Mister @Falcon_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @DrAlex_ASUS @Olivier_ASUS @Dominik_ASUS @victor0_ASUS

Asus must include below Zenfone devices for 3 year support Extensions :-

1. Zenfone 7/7pro (upto Android 13)
  2. Zenfone 6 (upto Android 12)
  3. Zenfone 5Z (upto Android 11)

And should continue same trend for future Zenfones.

Its really very kind request to you MODS please raise this topic to higher authorities and let ASUS do the needful for its very loyal users.

I wish someone is listening to us. 🙂

ANY POSITVE RESPONSE TO THIS FROM ASUS IS APPRECIATED.

This is definetly needed to improve brand value for customers from larger markets like India where Asus have skipped Zenfone 7/7pro so in my opinion these markets are core to success of brands, if those are captured.but asus backed off by focusing only on ROG devices in those Very important market.Where Gaming phones are not everyones cup of tea.

If ASUS is planning to make a comeback to larger markets like india with Zenfone lineup, than i personally feel it is more important to gain back peoples trust on Zenfones by providing good software support by following the trend with its older devices. Also Zenfone 5z & 6 are the only latest devices in those markets so i wish this trend should start From Zenfone 5z as a best sold flagship device with Larger user base than any other flagship for Asus, with very less user complains and problems.

Common ASUS break the silence and compete this trendy market and we as users personally feel ASUS has best hardware just what lacks behind is its software now comparing other OEMS & this Gap should be filled up starting this year.

Thankyou😊

[5z] ASUS Should Follow The Market Trend For Support Extensions of 3 Years On Zenfones.
I vote for this. Asus is only brand next to motorola who doesn't push ad or bloatwares in their UI. If this is announced, I am sure most of the market will shift from mainly Xiomi and Samsung to Asus. The only problem here from Asus is consistency in terms of new phones release or ui updates.

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Yup ASUS should think about it, because nowadays everyone is more concerned about updates.

vipul_mn
Star I
Definately Asus should provide 3 years of support, I ditched Oneplus 6 and bought Asus 5Z just because of the name of Asus and trust but now I feel pathetic, that other manufacturers are providing 3 years of support even the oneplus 6 is going to get Android 11 update, Asus should really look forwaed to this they should update there older devices like Asus Zenfone 5Z to Android 11 and make their market strong in country like India. If they are not going to update old models like Asus Zenfone 5Z to Android 11, I'm not gonna suggest anyone literally anyone to purchase Asus devices in further future because of Lack of software support. Even though we are investing 30-35k and still we are not getting that flagship level updates cycle.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
ASUS have potential and expertise to push 3rd year support for ASUS ZenFone 5z.
"I still remember when I saw the phone ASUS ZenFone 5z got launcher in India, I was so much fascinated and made my mind that If I'll get any new phone then definitely it'll be 5z. Now I own 5z. I always believed ASUS potential towards technology and thrive for giving their customer a good experience.
I still wish Higher Authorities should consider our request. It's a humble request from a 5z users to extend the support for 5z and give Android 11 as core experience to ASUS ZenFone 5z customers.
I request other models like ZenFone 6 and ZenFone 7 series should also get the same treatment. 👌