System: Windows 10 20H2
Battery or AC: both
Model: GA503
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS: yes multiple times
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:
Received my new GA503 on Apr 6th. Completed setup, updated system and ran a few benchmark then set it aside while I wait for my new 4k monitor to arrive. Yesterday 4/19 my monitor arrived, for an hour was so everything was fine but then I noticed my ethernet was not connected, laptop was running on wi-fi. I double checked to make sure it wasn't my cable or router, hooked up an older Asus laptop and ethernet worked fine, plugged GA503 back and nothing. Not long after that I noticed my keyboard (the attached one) stopped working. Touch pad, finger print sensor, and power button works but not the keyboard. Under Device Manager keyboard wasn't even there. I then tried to see if I was able to enter BIOS, I was able to and keyboard worked fine under BIOS so the issue is likely not hardware, at least not the keyboard itself. I then performed factory reset via Windows recovery multiple times thinking this'd fix the issue but no, keyboard and ethernet remains non-working. I did notice when powering up, keyboard's RGB'd flash white for 1 second then turn into solid red/orange then stays that way.
I called tech support last night and today but only received the standard call script lines asking me to restart, update drivers, and perform yet another factory reset. I tried to have the support representative escalate to next level support but no luck. Today is the 15th day since I received the product so I think I have to take it back to Best Buy so I don't get stuck with a new laptop needing to be serviced before I even get a chance to even use it for real. Shame
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
hxj64631
  1. System: Windows 10 20H2
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: GA503
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time
  5. Reset OS: yes multiple times
  6. Screenshot or video: n/a

========================

Detailed description:

Received my new GA503 on Apr 6th. Completed setup, updated system and ran a few benchmark then set it aside while I wait for my new 4k monitor to arrive. Yesterday 4/19 my monitor arrived, for an hour was so everything was fine but then I noticed my ethernet was not connected, laptop was running on wi-fi. I double checked to make sure it wasn't my cable or router, hooked up an older Asus laptop and ethernet worked fine, plugged GA503 back and nothing. Not long after that I noticed my keyboard (the attached one) stopped working. Touch pad, finger print sensor, and power button works but not the keyboard. Under Device Manager keyboard wasn't even there. I then tried to see if I was able to enter BIOS, I was able to and keyboard worked fine under BIOS so the issue is likely not hardware, at least not the keyboard itself. I then performed factory reset via Windows recovery multiple times thinking this'd fix the issue but no, keyboard and ethernet remains non-working. I did notice when powering up, keyboard's RGB'd flash white for 1 second then turn into solid red/orange then stays that way.

I called tech support last night and today but only received the standard call script lines asking me to restart, update drivers, and perform yet another factory reset. I tried to have the support representative escalate to next level support but no luck. Today is the 15th day since I received the product so I think I have to take it back to Best Buy so I don't get stuck with a new laptop needing to be serviced before I even get a chance to even use it for real. Shame

New 2021 Zephyrus G15 GA503 keyboard and ethernet problem
if keyboard does not work does not after login, but if able to type in notepad and works in bios menu means, then no hardware issue.
to work ethernet port, did you installed proper correct ethernet device driver in windows OS.
make sure ethernet device does not disabled under networking and sharing or in device manager.
also enable LAN device in bios menu.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
was there a BIOS update or keyboard firmware update before the issue happened?
Thank you.