Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenScreen MB16AHP - Frozen / Power Button Unresponsive

sebnan12
Star I
System: Zenscreen
Battery or AC:
Model: MB16AHP
Frequency of occurrence: second time. switched to a new one in the shop the first time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I left my zenscreen connected to my MacBook Pro 13 inch for an hour or so. Thus, both went to sleepmode. When I moved my mouse, my MacBook went on and is working, however my zenscreen shows a amber light on the power button, and does not respond. I have tried pushing down the power button and menu button, but this doesn't do anything. What do I need to do?
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sebnan12
  1. System: Zenscreen
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: MB16AHP
  4. Frequency of occurrence: second time. switched to a new one in the shop the first time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I left my zenscreen connected to my MacBook Pro 13 inch for an hour or so. Thus, both went to sleepmode. When I moved my mouse, my MacBook went on and is working, however my zenscreen shows a amber light on the power button, and does not respond. I have tried pushing down the power button and menu button, but this doesn't do anything. What do I need to do?

ZenScreen MB16AHP - Frozen / Power Button Unresponsive
you asked help for macbook pro, that device is another brand. I can't say compatibility. once try troubleshooting tips for MacBook Pro in apple support site.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello sebnan,
May you try to press the power button and the menu button at the same time to reboot it?
If it still doesn't work, please send your product to our service center.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

sebnan12
Star I
It doesn't work. But can you tell me why this happens. I have seen other people complaining about it to, and it happened to me twice as well. How can you prevent this?

And, is there another portable model that doesn't show these limitations?
Kind regards

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
it's just like any other external devices, monitor, hard disk, mouse....there is always a possibility that it does not wake up together with the laptop. Sometime because of power not enough, sometime because of driver or firmware....
The best way is to disconnect the device before you put the laptop to sleep.
Sending the product to our service center to update or reinstall firmware would help decreasing the possibility.
Thank you.