gianlucarsp
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: at every use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp 2.21.7.14
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
After having installed A11 via OTA, I started noticing a very annoying lag in Whatsapp, mainly when exiting a discussion meanwhile the other person is typing in the same discussion: in details, the transition between a specific discussion and the main feed is very slow (at a very low frame rate) and totally not smooth.
I therefore decided to perform a factory reset and a fresh reinstallation of all the apps, whit the hope to fix it but, unfortunately, as soon as I installed Whatsapp again, the lag immediately popped up again as well.
I also tried to wipe the app cache but no result at all.
Any idea/suggestion? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Thank you in advance

20 REPLIES 20

gianlucarsp
Star II
I would have expected a comment from a moderator as, at least to my knowledge, WA is one of the most used apps in the world and, for this reason, should be highly compatible with the majority of smartphone.
I am really disappointed and even more because I wasted a whole day in factory resetting and installing all the apps, without any positive effect.

lcudst
Star II
I face the same lag. There was no lag on A10, it has been introduced in A11.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gianlucarsp

I would have expected a comment from a moderator as, at least to my knowledge, WA is one of the most used apps in the world and, for this reason, should be highly compatible with the majority of smartphone.

I am really disappointed and even more because I wasted a whole day in factory resetting and installing all the apps, without any positive effect.

View post
Sorry about the late reply. I will send a PM with log instructions to you and lcudst so you can help us find out why this is happening to you.

gianlucarsp
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163550#Comment_163550

Sorry about the late reply. I will send a PM with log instructions to you and lcudst so you can help us find out why this is happening to you.

View post
I will be looking forward to receiving your message. Thank you

gianlucarsp
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163550#Comment_163550

View post
I deleted by mistake the message you sent, as it was in the spam folder. Would it be possible for you to send it once again? Apologies for this inconvenience and thanks in advance for your patience and support.