cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX433 Won't Boot

pmstirling
Star I
Hi,
I got the infamous Windows Blue Screen Of Death today. After a while the laptop tried to reboot and went straight to the BIOS screen.
I reset to optimized defaults, saved & exited. It immediately rebooted back to the BIOS screen.
It's now in a loop, unable to get past the BIOS. As if either the low level Windows boot is corrupted, or the SDD has failed - although the drive does show in the BIOS as a boot option.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Patrick

6 REPLIES 6

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
pmstirling

Right, to the screen with the American Megatrends BIOS settings, where you can set all sorts of system parameters.

When I exit this, the laptop repeats POST and then goes back into the BIOS settings again.

Sadly I don't have a bootable USB stick. I'd have to steal my wife's laptop to make one!

View post
I think UEFI partition is corrupted or Deleted, so thats why bootable partition is not shown..
go to bios, find sata drive list, see the SSD or HDD is showing or not.
If the SSD or HDD is showing, then you need to recreate UEFI partition in SSD or HDD.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Patrick,
Please refer to below link
[Notebook] How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM | Official Support | ASUS GlobalMay you check if your USB is formatted to FAT32?
And if it is still not working, please send the device to our service center.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.