This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.
Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.
16 REPLIES 16

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
simo97.codega

Well.. severe... the galaxy s9 or OP8 pro had nothing comparable to this disaster.

If they can't keep up with the quality they should at least lower the price of their products.

I don't look much videos etc.. but I can't accept they promise you an HDR 10+ display, make you pay a lot of money for it, even pay the YT reviewers to don't mention the problem, I didn't expect Asus had reached such low levels

View post
While you are right about the color banding being notacibily worse than other Phones you're still getting an HDR 10+ display, it's just poorly calibrated.
That being said you touched on a topic which is wholeheartly agree on, these days reviewers are just garbage. They want to push out reviews as fast as possible to they only do some very basic and quick testing and publish their videos quoting what the manufacturers say and be done with it for the views. They don't take the time to find issues and mention these to the public, so many issues that should have been noticed got sweeped under the rug. ASUS did NOT pay youtube reviewers, thats just silly. The issue is simply first noticable if you use the device for a longer period of time, hell even after months some users havent noticed color banding yet because they never use the phone in a low lit room.

jerquait
Star III
BurgerKingCrownMan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45994/the-only-flaw-of-the-rog3-but-lets-stop-calling-it-wron...

You're a disgusting basement dwelling Asus fanboy mr programmer wannabe. Guess what - they will NEVER hire you nor care about you a single bit so you might as well just stop tryharding kid.

This phone is an absolute disaster - they've changed screen in my unit 2 times now - it's starting to have battery problem now like 22%battery android system process use, the screen is disgusting and the ASUS attitude is even freaking worse. Never getting anything from this company anymore - that includes gaming PC parts. MSI FTW

View post
Same happened to me..asus is worst company..