This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR video recording

ramdanrivanto
Rising Star II
Can we have HDR video recording for future update because I want to make content video with HDR feature but I don't have much budget to buy another gadget maybe asus can provide this feature I would be very grateful, thank you very much 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ramdanrivanto

Can we have HDR video recording for future update because I want to make content video with HDR feature but I don't have much budget to buy another gadget maybe asus can provide this feature I would be very grateful, thank you very much 🙂

HDR video recording
We have this feature on our newer phones and it's not like buying a camera with dedicated HDR. If you want a camera with good HDR, when there are no shortcuts. You need to buy a 📽️ for 💲💲💲💲💵💷💰

mcpro
Star I
Asus Zenfone 6 have all possibilities for HDR-Video. But only if manufacturer want to do this.
On Android 10 in 10 bit mode zenfone 6 have problem with 50% green screen. In few days we will see have the phone same problem on Android 11 or not.
For HDR-Video recording we will use mcpro24fps app (only in manual control mode, because by default Asus use Rec.601, Rec.2020 or P3 needed).

mcpro
Star I
On Android 11 you can use mcpro24fps app for HDR-Video

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mcpro

Asus Zenfone 6 have all possibilities for HDR-Video. But only if manufacturer want to do this.

On Android 10 in 10 bit mode zenfone 6 have problem with 50% green screen. In few days we will see have the phone same problem on Android 11 or not.

For HDR-Video recording we will use mcpro24fps app (only in manual control mode, because by default Asus use Rec.601, Rec.2020 or P3 needed).

View post
It's not about wanting to do it, but there are actual licensing issues. As you pointed out, the cameras absolutely can record HDR no problem considering the processing power we have. This is also the reason that if you swap the camera on an Iphone 12, it will lose the ability to record HDR due to missing license due to not having the proper camera ID anymore causing the handshake to fail.