This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 FAQ video by Geekyranjit (Indian YouTuber)

Sunaina
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
https://youtu.be/Gq2i6tUzA1U
This is an English review and mainly directed towards those interested in the phone in India

This reviewer one of the best unbiased ones in India right now

40 REPLIES 40

Aryan202
Community Legend I
And availability wise you can't find phones like Nubia and black shark everywhere
In India they don't sell anymore
Rog is the only popular option here

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Btw just wanted to point this out the OnePlus 9 pro base model (8/128) is 200$ more costlier than Rog 5 8/128 in India
OnePlus 9 base costs exactly the same as R5 tho but the value it offers is pretty meh

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162920#Comment_162920

Hm I dunno really I mean other gaming phones might be a bit better but 41 degrees temp after playing genshin for 1hr on 60 fps + very high looks pretty good to me

Cod too runs at constant 60fps compared to 51-52 on 9pro

Isn't a gaming phone just supposed to run a little cooler and maintain peak performance for longer it just seems to be doing that

OnePlus is not a gaming phone yes but it has the same chip and their now every OEM has some sort of "cooling" in place

Gaming phones are now normal phones with extra stuff like jack,bigger battery and stuff

Yes camera is mostly mid though,imx 686 is still a pretty capable sensor though

Aero active cooler may not be the best cooler but it's doing it job though

Even if let's say a phone like red magic or legion does a little better would you take it over rog at the same price? Saying overall

Ik you know more technical stuff but so far reviews and people who have got the phone are saying positive stuff about the phone

View post
Guess what the system temp of Iphone is below 36 degrees. Let's now spread the word that it's good at cooling, oh wait it's internals are running at over 100c, whoopsieeeeeee. Same goes for the Rog5, internals are way way higher than the temp you're seeing.
For instance, my rog3, has a system temp around 40-43 when playing genshin impact, but the SoC is maxed at 82c, averaging at 68c, which is below throttling point. Basicially what I'm saying here is, system temp is absolutely, 100%, worthless. Stop using system temp as any type of measurement unless you want to talk about how the device feels in your hands, in terms of performance and throttling, the system temp is irrelevant.
What you're trying is useless. Don't compare the OP9 vs rog5 in terms of gaming, we all know the rog5 will perform better, but it sucks at all the other stuff I've mentioned, if you're willing to give everything up just for raw gaming performance over the other benefits like support, water resistance, camera, better screen, wireless charging and so on, then you'd be better off with a rm6 which is objectively performing better, be it on sustained loads or even short loads and doesnt have quality of life concerns.
A gaming phone is supposed to not throttle. That's it's shtick, if it doesn't even do that, then whats the point of it to begin with? Hell we already saw first user who cannot even play on max settings genshin impact over long period of time without it giving "USB warning" indicating a similair problem the rog2 has.
Calling a gaming phone normal phone is quite wrong. Gaming phones have certain gaming features other phones don't have, it's not just cooling.
As for your question about if i would choose rm over Rog5, answer is, any day of the week. The rog5 already has some thermal issues, some durability issues and even indicating of an upcoming death period like the rog2, I wouldnt even purchase the rog5 at half price.
Yeah "reviewers" say positive stuff about the phone because of they are clueless. This is why i dislike modern reviewers because they are just normal people who have no real knowledge and just shove some useless information down peoples throat and for some reason people don't realize this and take their word. Nobody said anything bad about the Iphone 6 or 7, nobody said anything bad about the Iphone x and newer massive throttling issues, but now users are all over the place being extremely mad for the defective devices. Android world no different, nobody told people about the color banding on the OP8 pro and Rog3, everyone got extremely mad there too, not a single reviewer had the brain capacity to actually test ASUS's and Oneplus's claim of "color calibrated" screen, they just looked at it and be like. "Dis is nice screen, hurr durr"
To showcase how exceptionally dumb your argument is, it's like having a patient in the hospital who has a sickness and needs to be treated, you have 100 people who don't have any medical knoweldge aside from google searched nonsense but they all seem to agree it's sickness Y, but then there is 1 doctor who says it's sickness X. By your logic because clueless people are agreeing over the 1 doctor, it must be sickness Y. It's a non starter to beign with, this is why I'm telling people about the rog5 to spread awareness. I am sick and tired of misleading reviewers who have no clue what they're talking about.

jerquait
Star III
Sunaina

4500 FHD on OnePlus 9 pro just gives 5-6 hr sot (no gaming)

That's pretty terrible

View post
Even 10k phone is better than ROg3 when it comes to display..Imagine u spend 50k on a phone and u can't get to watch a single movie due to black crush.sometimes it feels like throwing this phone out of window

jerquait
Star III
Danishblunt

Also to bring up something funny, I talked a bit with my very small but passionate rog3 community and they all seem to have purchased the rog3 because of the durability displayed at jerryrigeverythings test. Durability is a huge selling point, larger than I actually figured it would be.

View post
I have Asus Rog 3 and it's display is very very bad and of cheap quality