This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color shift when switching to 90hz

Hi guys!
Did any of you notice a change in color when shifting to 90hz?
13 REPLIES 13

fear_dot_com_2000

Here is an example video. As I said always on 90Hz, opened google maos, each time a press the navigation pill the color switches to a blueish tint. After releasing the pill back to normal. Sometimes it happens also on chrome , but by simply opening it and not pressing anythign

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/9FMMM31MT8TV/vid-20210329-wa0001.mp4

View post
My device does that too, so it's a general thing, I hope that with the next update asus can fix this

zjamnik
Star I
fear_dot_com_2000

Here is an example video. As I said always on 90Hz, opened google maos, each time a press the navigation pill the color switches to a blueish tint. After releasing the pill back to normal. Sometimes it happens also on chrome , but by simply opening it and not pressing anythign

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/9FMMM31MT8TV/vid-20210329-wa0001.mp4

View post
dorianmariocroitoru

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160429#Comment_160429

My device does that too, so it's a general thing, I hope that with the next update asus can fix this

View post
Mine is different than the other thread. Looks like a greenish gradient going from the top of the screen when using 90 Hz.
It doesn't show up great on video, I couldn't make it obvious. I'll need to try with a different camera.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
That greenish tint is somehow normal on ZF7. Most of the user have it and it can be only seen with dark android themes. ( There were a lot if posts here about it and @Anders_ASUS said that it was normal on samsung panels, but if you think it is too much you can send your device in service for checks...).

I actually think it is a combination of panel and android cause if you open a black picture on full screen you will not notice any green. At least for me it is so...but if I open any black screen from android (like messages or discovery panel) I also see it. So I don't think it will ve fixed. A good thing is that I think google calibrated it on A11 since I didn't notice it that much on A11 update...

Hope this helps you!

zjamnik
Star I
fear_dot_com_2000

That greenish tint is somehow normal on ZF7. Most of the user have it and it can be only seen with dark android themes. ( There were a lot if posts here about it and @Anders_ASUS said that it was normal on samsung panels, but if you think it is too much you can send your device in service for checks...).

I actually think it is a combination of panel and android cause if you open a black picture on full screen you will not notice any green. At least for me it is so...but if I open any black screen from android (like messages or discovery panel) I also see it. So I don't think it will ve fixed. A good thing is that I think google calibrated it on A11 since I didn't notice it that much on A11 update...

Hope this helps you!

View post
Just had the A11 update today and it's not better. I also tried just a grey image and it's the same as in the apps. I think I'll have to send it in and hope for the best.
Just a note o the test you did with the image. It will not show on completely black background, the pixels go off there. Google apps are very dark grey. That's why it's not visible in settings for example. Try a dark grey image.

edddd
Rising Star I
I actually tried 3 different Zenfone 7 Pros because nobody could tell me that this is just how 90Hz works. So much time wasted on my side. At least I'll keep the 3rd now.