Did you mean: 

Android 11 Performance decrease

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I updated ZenFone 7 Pro to Android 11 and of course I did expect slowdowns but I'm asking if there will be an update or anything to make the phone work properly like it used to.
For starters, the All Apps app drawer is working fine although a little laggy but also it doesn't show the wallpaper when I open it like it used to.
The phone sometimes lags a bit during easy tasks like scrolling up conversations and all that and also switching accounts in Instagram too for example.
I'm mainly hoping there will be an update to make the phone work better with Android 11.
Thanks so much.

10 REPLIES 10

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
joseph.galea1922

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So I updated ZenFone 7 Pro to Android 11 and of course I did expect slowdowns but I'm asking if there will be an update or anything to make the phone work properly like it used to.

For starters, the All Apps app drawer is working fine although a little laggy but also it doesn't show the wallpaper when I open it like it used to.

The phone sometimes lags a bit during easy tasks like scrolling up conversations and all that and also switching accounts in Instagram too for example.

I'm mainly hoping there will be an update to make the phone work better with Android 11.

Thanks so much.

Android 11 Performance decrease
Yes there will be future updates for Zenfone 7/7pro and system will get more stable as months pass by. but let me tell you if you are talking about wallpaper arrives zoomed in after unlock is what Android 11 feature and so this will not be adjusted.
About lags and system slow down this happens when you jump from 1 major firmware version to other like as you have updated your device from A10 to A11 this may trigger some buggs to system so it is always recommended to do a fresh installation of any major OS so please try to factory data reset once and see if you still face all those issues by following this steps 👇
Settings>system>reset options> erase all data.
Note:- please don't forget to backup your important data before you factory data reset.
After factory data reset if problem still continous than please revert back here again and than mods can log your device and find the real root cause.
Thanks!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47038/android-11-performance-decrease

Yes there will be future updates for Zenfone 7/7pro and system will get more stable as months pass by. but let me tell you if you are talking about wallpaper arrives zoomed in after unlock is what Android 11 feature and so this will not be adjusted.

About lags and system slow down this happens when you jump from 1 major firmware version to other like as you have updated your device from A10 to A11 this may trigger some buggs to system so it is always recommended to do a fresh installation of any major OS so please try to factory data reset once and see if you still face all those issues by following this steps 👇

Note:- please don't forget to backup your important data before you factory data reset.

After factory data reset if problem still continous than please revert back here again and than mods can log your device and find the real root cause.

Thanks!

View post
Where do you get this stuff from I mean you don't work for Asus do you? But you talk like an, insider,,so where? Is this just your opinion or do you know something we don't??????

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47038/android-11-performance-decrease

Thanks!

View post
So full of it I can't believe my eyes . every time someone updates their phone they can expect a decrease in performance. My god Google shut him down before someone actually believes he knows what he's talking about

Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162716#Comment_162716

Where do you get this stuff from I mean you don't work for Asus do you? But you talk like an, insider,,so where? Is this just your opinion or do you know something we don't??????

View post
You're saying a lot at once sir can you explain?