rangash03
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 2 8/128
Firmware Version:17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not:NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:VERY FREQUENTLY
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I got my rog 2 and i am a moderate user.. I never played heavily or as such.
i started having these random shutdowns/restart issues a while back I thought it might be a software issue or something and the frequency was rare like once in a week.. so i ignored that.. The device was in warranty at that time.... but gradually the problem kept on increasing.. and now has it has reached to its worse.. leave aside gaming... even when I'm using the device for even a little heavy process .. the devices shuts down at any moment!.. I don't know what to do.. My device is more than a month out of warranty now.. Please tell me what should i do..
I'm from Hisar ( HARYANA) INDIA.!
16 REPLIES 16

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rangash03

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162242#Comment_162242

can u help me in finding that?

View post
The logicboard is very small and simple, you should easily be able to find it on your own.

ButterChicken
Rising Star I
Reset your phone and update all apps
if that problem happens again
then visit service center

rangash03
Star II
atulsharma8960@gmail.com

Reset your phone and update all apps

if that problem happens again

then visit service center

View post
broo.. atleast read all my comments!!

Danish7
Star I
Device Model:Rog Phone 2 8/128
Current Version:17.0240.2103.75
Not Rooted
Troubleshooting Performed:Lastly Installed Apps Uninstalled All Apps Updated & Cache files deleted

I have got an Software Update from Inbuilt App Fota Service on 27/03/2021 of Version 17.0240.2103.75 Size:97.83MB but the size of the same version on Asus Official Site is more than 2GB is this happens with others also or only my device has some issue should I go for manual update I am also having the issue of Automatic Shutdown and Restart after updating the latest version first time my device has been totally switched off after 9 days of updation for 20 min during minor usage and when it switched on after 20 min again switched off then i have switched it on and it goes again switched off this repeats 4-5 times after that it works fine but now my device will restarts any time sometimes in a day or in 2-3 days please help before this gets serious any assistance would be great

screenshot-20210327-184238811-1.jpg

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danish7

Device Model:Rog Phone 2 8/128

Current Version:17.0240.2103.75

Not Rooted

Troubleshooting Performed:Lastly Installed Apps Uninstalled All Apps Updated & Cache files deleted

I have got an Software Update from Inbuilt App Fota Service on 27/03/2021 of Version 17.0240.2103.75 Size:97.83MB but the size of the same version on Asus Official Site is more than 2GB is this happens with others also or only my device has some issue should I go for manual update I am also having the issue of Automatic Shutdown and Restart after updating the latest version first time my device has been totally switched off after 9 days of updation for 20 min during minor usage and when it switched on after 20 min again switched off then i have switched it on and it goes again switched off this repeats 4-5 times after that it works fine but now my device will restarts any time sometimes in a day or in 2-3 days please help before this gets serious any assistance would be great

screenshot-20210327-184238811-1.jpg

View post
The firmware you get from the FOTA is incremental. The one you see on the website is the full firmware. You won't do any harm if you download the firmware from the site and use this to update your phone. Simply place the file to the root of internal storage.
Unfortunately, I don't know if this fixes your restart issue.